General

Growing up fat...

I was made fun of alot in Elementary School. Those years sucked. No other description for it. But the ridicule began to taper off in Middle School, and not because of any increase in maturity of the other kids mind you, that was when I broke 6'. Mostly it was the other boys who made fun of me, but after I got to be twice their size and a foot or so taller than them I guess they just didn't have the balls to say anything else.
14 years

Growing up fat...

Oh man, do I remember my elementary school years. I've heard them all really: Fat boy, fatso, chubby, tubby, fatty, etc. Hell, I've even been subtly teased about my weight later on, like someone saying "For someone who doesn't eat much, you certainly are big". Once middle school hit, I stopped giving a damn and if someone said I was fat and such, I'd be like "Yeah, and...?" or "Tell me something I DON'T know.", those kinds of things. During middle school and high school, I didn't care. Not only that, I haven't had any weight cracks since elementary school. Nobody has cracked about my weight one bit.
14 years

Growing up fat...

mistywilmot wrote
Urgh, school was awful, I was made fun of everyday in primary school. Secondary school wasn't as bad, but I still got mean comments during PE, sometimes from the teachers!

I've even had people yell nasty things on the street, say horrible things on the bus and stuff.

I've actually had a bit of that too, the random people on the street yelling "Hey Fatty". But it's only happened a couple of times, and mostly since I moved to Norfolk...only happened once in Danville.

My philosophy on this is just to let it roll off of your back...they don't know you anyway so their opinion of you doesn't matter.
14 years

Growing up fat...

Trust me, it isnt any better growing up skinny.

Elementary school I was always 'stick,' among other things. Didn't much help that I was by far the tallest kid in my school that sucked at basketball.

Highschool wasn't much better till I started beating seniors and juniors in our little lunchtime wrestling club...as a freshman. Earns some respect even if its only among the few that actually wrestled.
14 years

Growing up fat...

I was only made fun of by one person and it was in elementary school. Thinking back on it he was bigger than me and still made fun of how big i was.

PE sucked my freshmen year of high school. Those are the only two times I recall being made fun of.
14 years

Growing up fat...

FriedChicken wrote
I got called ' butterbody" Everything is hot about her but her body..
lol, kinda a compliment in a way!

It's still mean...compliments should never be mean.

Oddly I once heard the cheerleaders at my school talking about boys who they would take to the prom *this was senior year* and one of them jokingly suggested me, I was friends with several of them so they just kind of gave her a cold stare, but then they said that I'd be good looking...if I wasn't so fat. So whatev.
14 years

Growing up fat...

FriedChicken wrote

So does that mean cause guys think your body is hot here that makes EVERYTHING hot about you?

smiley
14 years

Growing up fat...

FriedChicken wrote

That's *ucked!!!! up. If those were dudes, trust me they don't know what a good looking woman.
look like face or body. Plus, they're probably the types of dudes that think if a woman is a size zero, she is automatically hot!!! I call bull-*hit!! I've seen plenty of skinny chicks that were not cute or pretty, or even attractive. I hope those dudes *erm* "things" fall off! LOL!
14 years

Growing up fat...

shazzy wrote
I was born fat, grew up fat and as most of you know am still fat!

They thought my mother was having twins because of the size she was, they couldnt hear 2 heart beats but they thought it was just that they were in rythm. But no it was only me!

When i was born I was just as big as my brother who was 3 years older than me. I grew up in a small village where everyone knew me and my family, they all accept me for me and although i always felt like the odd one out as i couldnt wear cool clothes, I was the tallest and also the fattest person in my school, I never really got any horrible comments from anyone other than my family apart from my parents who have always loved me no matter what.

Going to high school was hell for me, I was the biggest person in the school even when i started, ofcourse tho i wasnt the tallest, but i was one of the tallest in my year. I hated non school uniform day as i knew i didnt have any nice clothes, I had so much trouble finding school uniform but i was only really bullied by my brother and one other girl in my last year!

As you can tell from this my brother is an arse! and yes i still hate him!

Anyway leaving school and going to college was the point at which i was hell broke out, I was shouted at, called names and genrally made to feel like a piece of shite! Since then its juts carried on throughout my life! I try not to let it get to me but it does!

I was a guy that already in highschool fancyed the bigger girls.... Although I was not the popular guy, I had to hide my prefence. "Groupsence" was neccecairy not to be bullied. Having a wife now that doesn't fit in the catagory "skinny photomodel" made me discover my preferences much more than before.
14 years

Growing up fat...

Eh, I was overweight in elementry through high school. I was called fat afew times. It never really bothered me. Probably because most people realized I didn't care what they thought, so it wasn't worth their time.
14 years
123   loading