Extreme obesity

Goals

Close to it for me.
14 years

Goals

Close to immobility is a bit of a grey area for me. We all know that true immobility is when you can't walk, standing would cause too much stress on your legs so you are essentially bedbound. But close to immobility could be considered the stage:
>When you can only walk for 50 yards before needing to rest
>When you can only waddle for 25 yards before you need a lie down and a cold drink
> When you can't get up, of a couch or the floor, without aid/ extreme difficulty
>When you can only waddle 10 yards aided to the car or wheelchair/scooter

It's the difference between a spritely 500lb-er going to the store for snack and a 700lb-er only able to go to the kitchen, rest, grab a snack, rest, return.
14 years

Goals

*WARNING: Buzzkill ahead.*

I was just looking at mobility scooters for myself, due to my MS and fibromyalgia. I'm not immobile, but I could really use a scooter. Small people with disabilities? No sweat. You can buy scooters starting around £300. 18st + (252 lbs, 115 kgs), like me? 10 times as expensive. Literally. £2-3K.

A toilet that washes you when you're done? Another £2000. Bed and bath transfer systems, or a shower trolley? Keep adding. And on and on and on. Never mind aides if you don't get them from national health or your insurance.

Immobility is expensive. Time consuming. Boring. Lonely. Our fantasies are one thing, but the reality ought to be a whole other thought process. *Buzzkill out.*
14 years

Goals

i will be immobile someday, but that is far away, pitty
14 years

Goals

Truce. Back to your corners.

I say that not only as a mod, but as someone who can feel both sides. On the one hand, I've seen too many people, especially skinny men, who don't want to the think about the realities immobility brings. And I've heard too many ugly stories from very fat women about how some feeders have treated them.

On the other hand, as someone who has thought about this very seriously, I know that many people on this forum have also given it very serious consideration. To be addressed as if they are thoughtless and cavalier is unfair and it feels like disrespect. I understand that, too.

I think both sides are making valid and not mutually exclusive points.

Finally, I think everyone needs to remember that respect requires assuming the best of each other, not the worst. Give Tubby the benefit of the doubt and presume he was serious about asking people to try it out, not just preaching. Tubby, if you give members who post here frequently the courtesy of assuming they are thinking, intelligent people, then perhaps your word choices might change your tone a bit.

I think the devil, as is so frequently true, is in the details of the tone of what all of you write, not in the basic ideas.
13 years

Goals

beerme wrote
I don't think I would ever want to be completely immobile. That takes a lot of dedication from a partner and even if they were into it I'd go crazy having to rely on someone for every little thing.

I'm fine with little things like needing help putting on clothes, but I need to be able to do most things independently.

same smiley
13 years