General

Sushi

Just wondering...who loves sushi and who hates it?I LOVE SUSHI...MMMMMsmiley
14 years

Sushi

I loved sushi for years, until I made it myself, and something about it turned me off. After that I mostly only ate veg sushi. Then I lived in an area with a great Japanese supermarket, and I basically found SUPER fresh fish, and some stuff you could mix with rice to make it sushi rice, and then I could make it easily, tried again, and liked it. I still mostly eat veg sushi when I go out, though.
14 years

Sushi

yummmy
Endymion and I love love love sushi.
There is a place called Hapa here in Denver.
We covet these rolls called Multiple Orgasm rolls.
They have crab and cream cheese, rice and the wrap. Then they broil them in a wanton wrapper and top it with melty cheese and miso sauce.The meat is still raw, but everything is so crispy and melty.
OMG... they are soooo goode
He also likes the "meat and potatoes ala japanese"
This is Kobe beef raw on skewers of asparagus, with creamed potatoes and spice mustard.
My other fave is the Philly roll. Spicy lobster and avacado with cream cheese, bits of wasabi in there too.
We are not fans of the Uni.

Oh and I have a little Wasabi and Ginger anthropomorphic dudes, because Endymion and I love sushi so much!

14 years

Sushi

I... LOVE... SUSHI!!! oops, sorry, caps got stuck. i can't get enough sushi- in fact, new year's eve i was treated to sushi & couldn't get enough! especially being of Japanese descent, it would be dishonorable & unjust for me not to enjoy sushi.

shazzy, dear, you might like unagi- that's fresh water eel. it's a cooked sushi that's covered in a special Asian BBQ-style sauce that's fantastic & easy to take down if you're a bit squeamish over sushi. but i understand if you don't care for that either- all i ask is that you try it. if you don't like it after, then each to their own taste & i'll leave you alone about it. k?
14 years

Sushi

TT, isn't that supposed to be fugu, which is blow fish? seriously, if it's not cut by a professional under lock & key, it WILL kill you- hell, even if they do cut it right, there's still a chance the poison doesn't get cut out. so fair warning, kids- 6/7 people who try fugu don't survive.

mau5trap, boy are you on the right page! smiley i LUV making my own sushi! i'm just not afraid to admit it takes a while sometimes, so i like to go places where they know what they're doing ALL the time smiley
14 years

Sushi

retro_rebel wrote
+1

Sushi is amaaaazing. Definitely one of my favourite things to eat. Unfortunately, I have never been to Japan or anything and tasted it there, something tells me the Yo!Sushi chain is not quite the genuine article! Even still, it really is great. Food going past on a conveyor belt - anything better?!
Yeah,taking it off and putting it in your mouth lolsmiley
14 years