General

Beautifulpeople website culls 'fatties'

news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/990642/beautiful-people-website-culls-fatties

A social networking site that will only let you join if you’re good-looking has culled thousands of members for getting fat over Christmas.

BeautifulPeople.com's strict ban on "ugly people" was extended to exclude over 5000 members who had posted photos of themselves on the site after gaining weight, the BBC has reported.

Applicants the Danish-based site are voted in based on their looks after sending in photographs of themselves to be judged by existing members.

Vigilant users of the site had reported the chubbier members of the site to recommend their exclusion from the site of 550,000.

"As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld," site founder Robert Hintze said.

"Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

The culled members were told they could reapply for membership after they had lost their extra holiday weight. They were also given details on boot camp training to help lose the pounds.

Most of banished members were from the UK, US and Canada, the site announced.

Again... not surprising, and tiresome. smiley
14 years

VoluptuousVixen19 wrote
"Dear Emmy ,

Unfortunately, your application to BeautifulPeople Network was not successful.

The members of BeautifulPeople did not find your profile application attractive enough this time round.

You are more than welcome to try again with a better picture of yourself.

To modify the content and picture in your profile and re-submit it for rating, simply follow these quick steps:

Open your Edit Profile Page: /home/editprofile/

Change your profile picture, and modify your profile text to make it more appealing to the voting members.

When you have completed modifying your profile, send it back to “rating” by clicking the “Vote me again” button below.

Please note that continuously re-submitting your application for rating, without modifying your profile, will result in your removal from the Network altogether. We advise you to change your profile picture before re-submitting your application.

Have you updated your profile?"

Okay this is where the site if full of crap.
They say they let the users decide who stays and who goes.
Well my average when the voting period was 8.34.
Now if you ask me out of 10 that's pretty good.

Guess I'm not beautiful enough to infiltrate them guys!

lol love ya Vixen smiley
14 years

Fawkesy wrote
I by no means think I'm beautiful but I'm going to try *puts brave face on*

CHARGE!!!

No need to think. You are.
14 years

It's all pretty much bullshit. Am I the only one who wants to know who these holiday gainers are? Come on!
13 years