General

Importance of 'cooking' in a feeder/feedee relationship..

AliceInWonderland wrote
Men who can cook are such a turn on haha. I love cooking ^^ but I'm not a feeder...

*runs off to learn how to cook and "do other things" like Gordon Ramsey...*

smiley
14 years

I personally think being a feeder and knowing how to cook or at least showing an interest in cooking is awesome.

My boyfriend doesn't know how to cook much. He can boil water, make some eggs and ramen.
I remember when he said he wanted to make a chicken pasta dish...he said a bunch of random things. It was nice to sit there and see the creative process and help him along with certain things-
Now he knows how to make chicken 4 different ways, also 2 ways to make pork. He loves his little BBQ, which of course to me is the mans job. He has learned to make stuffed peppers, potatoes au gratin, quiche, fry bacon, ect.
he is learning, and in all honesty...
I can be mad. I might have had a horrid day. When he comes into the kitchen and helps me chop things, or helps me be creative...It is awesome.
We have really bonded over our pots and pans.
We love making a meal plan each week, which helps us keep our shopping bill down. We normally go shopping together and have a blast doing it. We bump into each other when we cook, so the silly body contact makes for some great foreplay.
For us... it is not gourmet cooking. It might be a box of mac and cheese, burgers and some frozen veggies we cook with butter... but it is something we made together.
It might be a flop some nights too... I just made chicken like I always do, but they were thinner cutlets. I forgot this and added the regular spices. They were more then a little heavy on the pepper.
He smiled and ate it anyways as I pointed out the extreme seasoning. This confirms to me he knows I was working hard, and made a mistake...that I felt lousy about it. But he likes knowing I tried hard, to make something for him to eat when he got home.
Made me feel very loved.
A good way to start cooking- libraries have cook books. I scan them for interesting ideas. Also online... there are tons of ideas and recipes!
Friends/family back home...they have have the best this or that/family secret recipe. I remember one year I asked for everyone's favorite dish, for my birthday. A letter and a recipe. I made a small cook book and loved it!
Good luck!
14 years

There was some discussion at some point of making an FF cookbook. Can't remember why it fizzled out...
14 years