Extreme obesity

Heavy duty super obese patients growing

I posted this in General but it fits--so to speak--here. I find it oddly arousing but it also very clearly shows the realities of being superobese. But, man, do I love the quote about the woman with a belly so big she needs a footstool to rest it!

www.riverfronttimes.com/2010-03-03/news/heavy-duty-back-weary-st-louis-emts-struggle-transport-portly-patients/
14 years

I didn't have a problem with the references to smell or being too obese to reach the remote b/c those were at least based on fact and statements from medical responders. But the descriptions by the author were overboard and unnecessary, 'hoisting hundreds of extra pounds of blubber." And it's one of those weekly newspapers, so they love salacious stories like this and love even more the negative responses.
14 years

palndrm wrote
I didn't have a problem with the references to smell or being too obese to reach the remote b/c those were at least based on fact and statements from medical responders. But the descriptions by the author were overboard and unnecessary, 'hoisting hundreds of extra pounds of blubber." And it's one of those weekly newspapers, so they love salacious stories like this and love even more the negative responses.

I concur, smiley
14 years