General

Howard stern defends anti-fat/showbiz tirade on 'precious' star

news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/1025988/howard-stern-defends-vicious-attack-on-precious-star

Howard Stern has defended his fierce attack on Precious star Gabourey Sidibe, after describing the budding actress as "the most enormous, fat black chick I've ever seen".

The US radio host first ridiculed Sidibe during his Sirius satellite show on Monday (local time) while discussing the Oscars award ceremony the previous night.

"Everyone's pretending she's a part of show business and she's never going to be in another movie," Stern said.

"She should have gotten the Best Actress award because she's never going to have another shot."

Sidibe, 27, earned an Oscar nomination for her acting debut in Precious, the story of an abused teenager struggling to grow up in Harlem.

Even Oprah Winfrey, who gave effusive praise to Sidibe on her talkshow, came in for drubbing.

"Oprah's another liar, a filthy liar," Stern said.

"She's telling an enormous woman the size of a planet that she's going to have a career."

Sidibe is actually already committed to a few acting projects. She will appear opposite Laura Linney in the TV series The C Word and her next big-screen role will be in the drama Yelling to the Sky.

Stern defended his ribald comments on his radio show this morning, claiming he meant to draw attention to obesity in the US.

No surprises from him here. =/
14 years

Well, yeah.
14 years

Thread should be retitled "Howard Stern's latest stunt to stay in the public eye"
14 years

Stern is a vile pig all around, in everything he is, does and touches but his garbage in garbage out foul mouth is nothing more than what MILLIONS of other people think, they just don't voice it in polite society. So, I have always thought of him as some kind of figure head for the degenerates of the world. I have not heard his show for many years but always appreciated him letting me into the enemies camps mind.
14 years

I think being famous is equal to being made fun of on South Park, Howard Stern and College Humor. You are famous once you are made fun of by all 3 places.
So... yea.
He always says mean things, always. That is his thing. She knows...I can tell looking at her she knows that going for this career is going to be tough. I have heard her speak, and I read the book that came before the movie.
I bet she just dusts off her shoulders and goes shopping with all her money, looking fly and awesome.
13 years