General

Vegetarian

anyone here vegetarian?
13 years

Vegetarian

I was a veg for some years in my twenties, though I can't imagine giving up dairy, ever. I *can* imagine insisting that things are free-range and organic, and when I can afford it, I do, and often just don't have it if the right stuff isn't available. I think you can eat animal products and still be thoughtful to animals.

I ended up believing that killing is killing, and it is in the very nature of life to require death. In other words, I don't feel less of an ethical question about killing plants than animals, just less of an emotional tie to them. I try, in a kind of personal, slightly-pagan-based, sort of way to be thoughtful about the lives that are given to my sustenance, and I try not to waste them in any way if I can help it. (And yes, that means I know how to cook with leftovers.)
13 years

Vegetarian

I'm raised on a farm and a farmer (no cattle) myself now. I'm also raised with seeing animals kill and eat other animals. So in that way I do not feel guilt to eat meat and I love it.
13 years

Vegetarian

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian! Have been for 18 months. I love it! smiley
13 years

Vegetarian

shazzy wrote
NOOO way i love meat way too much MMMM COW lol

i wuvs you!

xD

I personally don't get the vegetarians who don't eat meat cause they feel sorry for animals, they get eaten all the time, its the circle of life. Though i do have a slight problem with farming animals for the soul purpose of consumption, its like they don't even have a chance...

lol not that i'm about to take up hunting, but yeah, it bugs me...
13 years

Vegetarian

I used to be mostly vegetarian. But living near farmers and milk farms made me realize that if you don't eat meat because the animals suffer, then you should definitely not eat dairy products either. In fact, I'd say dairy cows suffer more than animals raised for their meat.

Another thing that I've come to realize only by living in the countryside is that not nearly all farming land is suitable to produce vegetables. Instead a lot of land can be made to produce anything useful only by making animals eat the grass first.

From ecological perspective not eating meat is a very good thing and I hope more people would do it.
13 years

Vegetarian

RockabillyWilly wrote
Maximum wrote
shazzy wrote
NOOO way i love meat way too much MMMM COW lol

i wuvs you!

xD

I personally don't get the vegetarians who don't eat meat cause they feel sorry for animals, they get eaten all the time, its the circle of life. Though i do have a slight problem with farming animals for the soul purpose of consumption, its like they don't even have a chance...

lol not that i'm about to take up hunting, but yeah, it bugs me...

Any person with a heart feels for something else that suffers. Animals raised for consumption are raised in the dark, crammed together from birth to death. They feel fear and they feel agony. Skins are taken from cows while their hearts are still beating. Chickens are de-beaked without anesthesia because, in their madness after being crammed next to other chickens in cages from birth to death, they peck each other bloody.

Let's see...there are also acceptable amounts of feces allowed in the packaged meat you consume, so enjoy eating shit! smiley And anyway, what's a little cancer, heart disease, ecoli, food poisoning and contributing to the continued misery on good ole' planet earth?

Besides, only old people get sick.

O... K...
13 years

Vegetarian

shazzy wrote
I think we should stop lions going after animals because they kill with a bite and that is just soo wrong... i bet it takes them ages to die, and all animals that eat bugs they have feelings too ya know smiley hehe .

Im stooooooooooopid!

lol as much as I agree, i think talk like this will lead to this:

bitofanutter wrote
this so gona get locked

So lets ease up abit smiley
13 years

Vegetarian

I like all food... and I admire vegans.
I grew up on farms, hunting and fishing all my life.
I even worked in a slaughter house.

I know where my food comes from. I like meat though! I really admire people who are vegans and vegetarians. I like tofu!

I also want to thank all you vegans out there, and PETA supporters. I used to not know what that little bunny was on my cosmetics.
Turns out vegans fought to have animal cruelty and testing, or animal derivatives taken from cosmetics, or at least have them marked non-vegan friendly. I found out vegans can not use beeswax, or some colorants.
Also they do in a way help make sure that the food from the slaughter house is in better condition then it used to be. Like cows with open sores, or chickens 10 to a cage, ect.

When I think about how gross some food is... like eggs *you are literally eating a chicken fetus, from a chicken butt...* or veal *little baby cows*.I wish I had the will to be vegan, or vegetarian.
13 years

Vegetarian

Amatrix wrote
When I think about how gross some food is... like eggs *you are literally eating a chicken fetus, from a chicken butt...* or veal *little baby cows*.I wish I had the will to be vegan, or vegetarian.

lol its funny, no one wants to think about it that way, really, egg is in almost everything, yet you try and tell someone that they are eating fetus' and they spazz out and pretend to ignore/not hear you.

I only found out recently that veal was baby cows (I thought it was just a simpsons joke) but it's hard to change 20 years of eating tasty food, lol.
13 years
12   loading