Extreme obesity

Strange public confrontation

I am sure someone is that person's caretaker. The caretaker needs to be notified to train her that what she did is rude. I would have just turned it around and point out something about her. "You have a big nose, why?" That may seem rude, but it gets the point across quicker than trying to reason with someone who is mentally challenged.

BTW, you seem very beautiful and nicely proportioned. You are wearing cute clothes. Don't let it get to you.
13 years

Strange public confrontation

Hi, Mira,

I had a different thought, and very fast, on reading your post than others did. I immediately assumed that someone was constantly telling her she would get fat, or shouldn't eat that because she'd get fat, and pointing out people, saying 'you don't want to look like her, do you?'

Now, let me say that part of the reason that came to mind is because I've heard storied like that from students. So I know it happens. And partly it's because my mother was always on top of me not to eat too much. But in any case, I do think it's at least a possibility.

Were it to happen again, you could say to her "Who told you being fat is a bad thing? I enjoy it."

Whatever happens, please know that you were wonderful for being clear and direct without hurting her or getting angry. Brava! And *hugs*
13 years