General

Everything awesome is horrible for you....

Food, alcohol, drugs, sex....it's life's sick joke. Discuss!
13 years

LordSimons wrote
It's not necessarily true, it's more that anything in ABUNDANCE is bad for you.
If you eat fast food every day, well of course you're gonna have a coronary.
If you drink every day, your liver is going to hate you and self-pwn itself and therefore, you need a new liver or you die.
Drugs, well, depends on the drug. Weed in abundance makes you stupid and can give you cancer, and most other drugs will either kill you, or kill you even more.
Sex, well, lots of sex can probably put shit on the brain and nervous system, as well as respiratory system.

People need to just do everything in moderation, but that's really hard to do in this day and age.

Um.... I not a medical doctor but I think what you said was wrong.
There are no cases of lung cancer to be found in anyone who has just smoked marijuana, regardless of the strength of the herb or the number of years of regular smoking. The THC is stored in your fat, but has no adverse affect on people.

Most of the time people who do smoke weed and have cancer have also smoked cigars, cigarettes or chewed tobacco.

Now that both NIDA and the Hawaii State Dept. of Health have concluded that marijuana does not kill brain cells or permanently affect male or female reproduction systems.

So the momentary stupidity people get from smoking is not permanent and is comparable to sneezing, or the hiccups.

And actually sex is good for people. It stretches muscles, releases endorphins, helps clear the lungs and strengthen all muscles- including the heart. Helps clear toxins with sweating. Creates bonds between people, and helps mentally with connecting with others and how to deal with social situations.
The only bad side is getting an STD from sex, or unwanted pregnancy. Or if you die from a heart attack, because you were not well enough for sex to begin with.

But what you said about everything in moderation is absolutely true.
People have a tendency to abuse things, and thus themselves.
Even water can kill a person. You can drink so much the fluid in your blood and spine can push your back bone into your brain and kill you.
13 years

Amatrix wroteOr if you die from a heart attack, because you were not well enough for sex to begin with

All things considered, that doesn't sound like a bad way to go out.
13 years

Amatrix wrote
There are no cases of lung cancer to be found in anyone who has just smoked marijuana, regardless of the strength of the herb or the number of years of regular smoking. ...

Most of the time people who do smoke weed and have cancer have also smoked cigars, cigarettes or chewed tobacco.

I would think that marijuana would be carcinogenic, but only in the same way that standing in front of a burning bush and inhaling the smoke might be.
13 years

Well, of course most things in moderation are generally ok. However, the the things that are good we tend to over indulge in becausee they are so damn good.
13 years

LordSimons wrote
Amatrix wrote
LordSimons wrote
It's not necessarily true, it's more that anything in ABUNDANCE is bad for you.
If you eat fast food every day, well of course you're gonna have a coronary.
If you drink every day, your liver is going to hate you and self-pwn itself and therefore, you need a new liver or you die.
Drugs, well, depends on the drug. Weed in abundance makes you stupid and can give you cancer, and most other drugs will either kill you, or kill you even more.
Sex, well, lots of sex can probably put shit on the brain and nervous system, as well as respiratory system.

People need to just do everything in moderation, but that's really hard to do in this day and age.

Um.... I not a medical doctor but I think what you said was wrong.
There are no cases of lung cancer to be found in anyone who has just smoked marijuana, regardless of the strength of the herb or the number of years of regular smoking. The THC is stored in your fat, but has no adverse affect on people.

Now that both NIDA and the Hawaii State Dept. of Health have concluded that marijuana does not kill brain cells or permanently affect male or female reproduction systems.

Actually, I remember hearing that there is somewhat of a link, but not a substantial one, and on NIDA's website, I found this lol

"Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which further increase the lungs’ exposure to carcinogenic smoke. Marijuana smokers show dysregulated growth of epithelial cells in their lung tissue, which could lead to cancer;8 however, a recent case-controlled study found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung, upper respiratory, or upper digestive tract cancers.9 Thus, the link between marijuana smoking and these cancers remains unsubstantiated at this time.

Nonetheless, marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, and a heightened risk of lung infections. A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers.10 Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses."

I wasn't talking about the THC, THC just effects your brain. If you smoke THC crystals, and just that, you trip balls. My friend did it once, she compares it to salvia. But the smoke, inhaling smoke is going to damage your lungs no matter what, and smoke from marijuana is a lot more concentrated, seeing as it has no filter. It'd be like smoking your own rolled tobacco.

Totally respect your post. smiley
I brought up the THC because the cannabinoids from THC are found in human fat cells, which some people thought would cause cancer. People think that the chemical break down of the cannabinoids, while settling into your fat cells- would create abnormal cells and then cancer.

But I do agree- pot smokers dont go to work, or work less.
Pot actually helps people who have chronic coughs with mucus production, so it is a natural expectorant.
But yea... smoking anything, or putting anything into your body that wasn't found in your body in the first place would cause infections.
Do those studies say they are JUST marijuana smokers? Cigarette smokers? Cigar smokers?
My point is no one who has ever just been a pot smoker has ever had lung cancer. Most people who do have lung cancer and have smoked pot, smoked tobacco more heavily then the marijuana.
I have had salvia and I have had THC crystals... they are similar.
I do agree though... smoking anything will cause irritation and then lead to infections.
I would rather have a concentration of a dried and medical grade organic herb then the over 4000 chemicals in a filtered cigarette.
Most people assume things about weed, that it has more chemicals and is stronger then ever.

Murphy wrote
Amatrix wrote
There are no cases of lung cancer to be found in anyone who has just smoked marijuana, regardless of the strength of the herb or the number of years of regular smoking. ...

I would think that marijuana would be carcinogenic, but only in the same way that standing in front of a burning bush and inhaling the smoke might be.

Right... I mean if there are chemicals on the said bush and you inhale that smoke- more then likely you will have an infection, and not end up with cancer.
Even if there are no chemicals on the bush and you inhale the smoke- you will probably end up with at least some irritation.
If you smoke a bush covered in over 4000 chemicals and 50 known carcinogens- you are likely to get cancer.

Sorry... I support NORML and other Hemp movements, also the de-classification of Marijuana as a Schedule I- meaning it is worse and more deadly then PCP and Heroine.
....*goes back to the pot smokers threads...*
13 years

I smoke pot so I can eat the whole darn cake before the boyfriend gets home.
Just sayin..........
*pets Furret, and waddles back out of thread.*
13 years

LadyEjkua wrote
Cr*p you're right. I have had the same partner for years now, and I forgot there are tons of nasty things you can get from sex. I guess you should stick to masturbating to have dangerless sex then. (but don't put any stuff in places where it doesn't belong, and don't use anything sharp.)

lmfao

There was a net add going around a while back here warning against STD's, it told you to enter how many sexual partners you've had and it would tell you how many you've REALLY had (cause every person you have sex with has sex with a bajillion other people that effect you too lol)

Anyways, I put my number in and it gave me an error:

MUST BE A NUMBER OF 1 OR GREATER

lol'd for ages at that xD
13 years

BubbleButtBoy wrote
We're all dying in 2012 anyway, so what's the difference? Carpe Diem, foo's!

I can't wait to laugh in your face in 2013 smiley
13 years