General

Starcraft 2

Well there are a few WoW threads here but none about the game of the moment so I thought i'd start one. Also, lets try not to drop any spoilers for those interested ok? smiley

Anyways, I got collecters edition two days ago (when it came out here) have been playing it ever since thanks to my convenient two days off from work and I reckon its pretty awesome.

Was a bit wary at first with the whole ship thing and there being more to the game then just a constant flow of maps and missions but i've really enjoyed it and the cinematics and graphics are perfect.

The story has been pretty cool too, although I was scared with the whole choices thing that it would create multiple lore versions but it seems to work great.

One thing I am regretting though is that i'll have to wait 1-2 years to play the Zerg campaign and then another 1-2 years to play the Protoss campaign. Its not cause there isn't enough to do (between the levels and achievements i'll be busy for a while) I just want to get to their stories as well. smiley

So anyways, what do you all think of the game, or is it only Fries that will reply to this thread? smiley
13 years

Starcraft 2

I'm picking it up tomorrow, hopefully.

I also hope that my computer is able to run it. I've got too many photos taking up space on this HD and I'm not sure how big the game is.
13 years

Starcraft 2

being somewhat of a gamer myself, to be honest this is one of the most awaited games of the last decade. Starcraft one was the best rts for years, and the most balanced. I should be buying it next week when i decide to go home, since i will download it straight from blizzard, but i was so tempted yesterday when i saw it in the shops here. i shall wait another week and hopefully i wont be disappointed with the wait.
13 years

Starcraft 2

Faguy88 wrote
I don't know how the new battle net works, but my battlenet name is pedro gonzalez, and no that isn't my real name. yes, I understand that's grounds for revoking my limited license, but meh.
Got the game today, and am trying to make my video driver play nice. smiley

Wha? Your not allowed to make up a name? Who is stupid enough to use real names online anyway? :S
13 years

Starcraft 2

Faguy88 wrote
Yeah, about a month ago, or something, Blizzard did this whole 'real id' thing in an effort to curb the rampant trolling on WoW forums.
My opinion on this effort can be summed up here: www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100707 (ctr+alt+del is a respectable web comic . . . if any web comic can be considered respectable). There's also a much better explanation of what Blizzard is trying to do.

I've had experience being censored, though. So the less of myself I put out there, the better. If the cost of that is risking having my battlenet account revoked for lying to a corporate entity. . . meh. (The part I'm not happy with about Blizzard's Battlenet EULA is that it breaches the first amendment rights of Corporations. That's simply unfair!)

So, feel free to look pedro gonzalez 'praseodymius' up. I must admit, I was never good at the two resource platform RTS, but SCII is still fun.

I knew about RealID but didn't realise that you had to use your real name, wierd...
13 years

Starcraft 2

Oh hi... Look I normally dont play games but-

The boyfriend got this game the other day... and I haven't seen him from the moment he started the game.

Endymion loves this game. I miss him. smiley lol
13 years

Starcraft 2

Amatrix wrote
Oh hi... Look I normally dont play games but-

The boyfriend got this game the other day... and I haven't seen him from the moment he started the game.

Endymion loves this game. I miss him. smiley lol

Don't worry, you'll get him back...

In about a decades time! smiley
13 years

Starcraft 2

Faguy88 wrote
sfx420 wrote
Been playing this game religously! Anyone else notice how hot it gets while idling at the menus?

I don't notice my computer overheating at the menus . . . but I do notice how I have to plan my actions very quickly and precisely at the menus, because my computer lurches like Lurch (or a 50's horrorfilm plot) if I'm in one for more than 10 seconds. . . . Yeah, probably shouldn't be playing this game on this comp.
I beat the campaign on hard, but only snagged about 45% of the achievements. I am now avidly awaiting the second installment of the game. I suppose I'll have to branch into multiplayer to tide me over to the zerg chapter (and really, the Zerg are the only ones who matter).

Nay, the Protoss is where its at; MY LIFE FOR AIUR!!!
13 years

Starcraft 2

Terran tanks for the win.
Protoss are scum.
13 years