Story authors

Writer's chat day

I think this is a great idea Edit. Maybe we could make it a weekly, or monthly, chat event. Everyone needs a little help sometimes, and not only could this help with actual writing style and grammar/spelling/paragraph structure/etc we could also do little brainstorming session that could help anyone who's stuck get past a little writer's block.

Long of the short, I think you're onto something.
13 years

Writer's chat day

This is a great idea edit! I know I could sometimes use some help brainstorming ideas and getting people's opinions on certain aspects of my stories. ^^
13 years

Writer's chat day

i'm interested...pick a date and time

b
13 years

Writer's chat day

I know this thread's been dormant for a while, but I figured I'd bump and sticky it, as it is a very good idea. It should definitely be revisited and possibly be made a monthly or weekly chat-event.
13 years

Writer's chat day

i'm still interested

as long as it somehow structured and doesn't turn into a free for all

i.e. moderated, people taking turns, etc.

maybe juicy has some ideas, she's a (deliciously) big wheel here ;-)

b
13 years

Writer's chat day

alright, I'm going to see about hosting this as a chat event on either saturdays or sundays. Anyone who's interested please reply on this thread and suggest times for either day that would work for you guys.
13 years

Writer's chat day

Ok, here's a preliminary set of guidelines.

1. This will be part Q&A, and part advice-giving.
2. Like edit mentioned if you only come in to try and bash another writer or get your own ego stroked you will be asked to leave.
3. We can discuss common concepts for weight gain fiction, but we need to keep it PG.
and,
4. Think-tanking and brainstorming will be one of the main focuses.

Also I was thinking that I could host this around noon east-coast US time on saturday, around 3pm east-coast US time saturday, same sort of times on sunday. If anyone here has any other suggestions for time please let me know.
13 years

Writer's chat day

my .02

1. fine
2. fine
3. why pg? the story section is not. for crikes sake we just had our first necrophilia story. this is an adult group and, from the relative rankings evident, the more "adult" the story is the more readership it has. it should be no holds barred, anything goes.
4. fine

times are fine, but make it a monthly event. even with 4 opportunities people are going to miss it as life often interferes.

also promote it to the correct audience...you're going to have a more productive session and be better able to control each discussion if you limit attendance to those people who are most interested in the subject. i.e. the writers actually exploring the fetish.

the moderator(s) of this forum and/or whoever is behind the curtain in the story section should have easy access to all the writers that have submitted stories here good or bad. i would suggest privately pming those people only and informing them of the sessions. do NOT promote it in open forum.

it's going to be a little work but that's why you get paid the big bucks, right?

also, should you want to further increase the quality of participation of the sessions, invite those who have submitted more than one or two stories (or three or whatever).

as the sessions grow larger (no pun intended) you could eventually have one for each genre...fantasy (magic/scifi), bbw, bhm, immobile, homosexual, etc.

b
13 years

Writer's chat day

Built4com4t wrote
my .02

1. fine
2. fine
3. why pg? the story section is not. for crikes sake we just had our first necrophilia story. this is an adult group and, from the relative rankings evident, the more "adult" the story is the more readership it has. it should be no holds barred, anything goes.
4. fine

times are fine, but make it a monthly event. even with 4 opportunities people are going to miss it as life often interferes.

also promote it to the correct audience...you're going to have a more productive session and be better able to control each discussion if you limit attendance to those people who are most interested in the subject. i.e. the writers actually exploring the fetish.

the moderator(s) of this forum and/or whoever is behind the curtain in the story section should have easy access to all the writers that have submitted stories here good or bad. i would suggest privately pming those people only and informing them of the sessions. do NOT promote it in open forum.

it's going to be a little work but that's why you get paid the big bucks, right?

also, should you want to further increase the quality of participation of the sessions, invite those who have submitted more than one or two stories (or three or whatever).

as the sessions grow larger (no pun intended) you could eventually have one for each genre...fantasy (magic/scifi), bbw, bhm, immobile, homosexual, etc.

b

First of all, any member of this site can post a story so I see no need for this to be an "invitation only" chat event. Secondly, the descriptions of any sexual encounters should be kept tasteful, whether you want to call that PG or PG-13 or R that doesn't matter to me. Thirdly, mods all work the site on a volunteer basis, no money involved.

Other than that I see no problem with your suggestions.
13 years

Writer's chat day

you misunderstand omigumo...the suggestion to not broadcast openly but invite privately was to enhance the quality of the event and make it more productive and constructive for the participants. i have no desire to participate if non-writers and non-contributers are there to interject, comment and interrupt. secondly, the subjects under discussion should be allowed to be as graphic as need be, without crude slang or language. thirdly, i was kidding about the big bucks.
13 years
12   loading