Lifestyle tips

Fashion for larger men

I've come across various sites and blogs about fashion for plus size women, but haven't seen any real male equivalent. All my searches for big mens fashion have either turned up clothing sites selling rather dull and basic clothes in various enormous sizes, or "guides" on how to dress as a big man, which basically boil down to "don't wear anything baggy or anything tight, and try to hide your man-tits as much as possible" which is insultingly basic compared to the wealth of info and advice you can find on constructing a look for smaller men.

What I'm looking for i guess, is the male equivalent of the fatshionista movement. I'm not huge man by any means (L top, 36 jeans), but i'm also not small enough to pull off a lot of the looks that slim guys can get away with. Although most highstreet stores sell clothes I can wear, the vast majority of them are dull and generic, and I'd quite like to look a little more interesting than that. Looking chubby and unique is way more attractive to me than trying to appear slimmer and ending up looking indistinct.

Can anyone give me any pointers? Good places to look for advice, good places to shop etc etc. Also anything related to the topic of good clothes for big guys is welcome in this thread.
13 years

Fashion for larger men

There was an episode of Trini and Susannah What Not to Wear that had a big guy, and they did some sharp stuff with him. I'd love to find it, actually.

I think it depends a lot on the style you're going for, but one really great look is a tee and jeans/trousers of the same colour, with a shirt/sweater/jacket open over it in a brighter, contrasting colour or print.

If you do a google image search for 'large men fashion' you get some good stuff.
13 years