Story authors

Honesty verses pc

I definitely agree on this point. I would have prefered the rating system to remain as it was, but whatever...
13 years

Honesty verses pc

I'm one of your biggest fans Edit-and you are well aware of that. So with kindness I'll disagree. And my disagreement has more to do with the rating system being consistently changed for the pictures and vids. It would not make sense to leave the poor rating as a 1 star on stories and yet have it be average for pics and vids. There was a post by another great friend of mine who has long been gone from here- it was called "photo raing bandid" if I recall correctly. All of her pics would get rave comments and 5 stars for the most part-but there would also be one "poor" as soon as the pic would be posted almost. I truly believe that is why you can't make a story "poor". Even though some of them are horrific sometimes-usually not because of theme or even plot-sometimes they are just un-readable because of run-on sentences and punctuation and spelling. The overall technique as opposed to content. I have to confess that I put alot of stock in the ratings if there are several new stories available on a given night. But I have also given a read to pieces with no rating and found a gem from time to time.
13 years

Honesty verses pc

i see the star ratings as personal, non constructive opinions. what counts are the comments...it's of far more value when people take the time to write out a constructive criticism negative or positive. anyway, who cares if "poor" is gone, "average" is sting enough imo,

a more important concern for all writers here is the lack of a mechanism to pop a story to the top if it has chapters added. more people i'm sure have been turned off contributing their hard work by that work left buried in the depths of the archives.

anybody here have the ear of hiccupx?

as long as i'm whining, my last complaint is a long shot request...create a decent, simple story search function available to non gold members. maybe not keyword searchable, but at least searchable by subject bbw vs bhm and author name.

lastly a suggestion: how about points toward an "honorary" gold membership based on story contributions? i can see the story section blossom here, in participation and readership, with even more ad impressions generated.

b
13 years