Lifestyle tips

Going on a plane

loulou02 wrote:
Something iv put off for quite a while now but its getting a bit unavoidable.
Can people tell me how bad it is re fitting in chairs ect.
Wouldnt say iv got to the point where i cant yet but the cinema seats are definately getting more snug smiley
A lot depends on the airline and also the age of the plane (flew BA to Italy in the summer and the seats were tiny)..my brother flew Virgin to the US and the seats were small and internally to Vegas on a newer plane and the seats were wider.
Suggest that you ask explicitly when you book and get any promise from the airline in writing in advance.Can't remember the name of it now,but there is a website that gives the seat measurements for different planes/airlines..google airline plane seat size or similar and I'm sure it'll come upsmiley
12 years

Going on a plane

There is no way of knowing in advance. The same model plane by the same airline was different when I flew before. The person with me needed an extender on one flight, but not another.

Do not fly Southwest. They have frequently thrown people off midflight (at the connection points, not in the air) because someone was too big. They do not like large people, and they have no problems embarassing people. (You might get a kind employee, but for the most part they are rude to fat people, and complaining to their corporate office does not help.)
12 years

Going on a plane

quintessence wrote:
The website is seatguru.com.

I have a very large friend (500+ lbs) who only flies Southwest. She pays for two seats right off and gets a refund if the flight isn't full. She says they handle the whole thing matter-of-factly and that she gets her refund back pretty quickly.

I was very nervous the last time I flew. I was about 430 lbs. and I bought two seats. I pre-boarded and asked the flight attendant as I went by for a seat belt extender. Most didn't blink an eye. All in all it was pretty okay and not nearly as traumatic as I had made it out to be.

I would never fly without buying two seats; a different friend of mine had the person in the seat next to her cause a huge fuss and ask for a different seat in front of the whole plane. I'd rather avoid something like that if I could.

I bet it won't be as hard as you're fearing. Good luck! smiley
yeah,seatguru.com...remember now lol
12 years