Lifestyle tips

Buying a belt for a bhm....

Hey all!

My boyfriend's belt finally gave up trying, and I wanted to surprise him with a new one. As a temporary solution, I popped into Walmart and bought a 52 because the pants he was wearing at the time were 52's, but the belt was incredibly tight, and it took a lot for him to get it buckled (not that I minded watching, but, well... smiley ). I still would like to invest in a nicer belt for him, and, more importantly, one that fits a little better. Doing a little creeping, I found that the new pants he bought are size 56 (and seem to fit a bit better than the 52's have been lately).

At any rate, I've always heard that when you buy a belt, you match it to the pants size because, supposedly, that's the size it is at the middle notch, but with that 52, it seemed like the entire thing was 52" long because it just barely fit around his belly. Do big and tall belts always run that way? Should the next belt I buy be a 56 or should I go up a few sizes?
12 years

He prefers wearing his pants around his belly, for reasons I haven't really asked about, most of which I suspect have to do with him being self-conscious about his size, though, perhaps for comfort as well. *shrug*

But believe me, I'd much prefer seeing a bit of that belly overhang. smiley

And thank you both!
12 years

If you're looking for somewhere to find a belt for him I'd suggest looking at KingSizeDirect. They have a pretty good selection and their sizing goes quite high.
12 years

What I was always told, for men's belts, was that the belt size should be one bigger than the size of the pants (so 56" waist pants, 58" belt).

Good luck!
12 years

Kmart has some nice belts for big men too!!!!!1
12 years