Extreme obesity

Extreme obesity in literature

Extreme obesity in literature and folk-tales.

E.g., see fantasyfeeder.com/cms/infusions/forum/view-thread.php
12 years

Not exactly extreme obesity but there is a book that I read as a child called Say Cheese and Die 2, its part of the goosebumps series and involves the kid having this magic camera and it makes him reallyyy fat.
I remember it because I read it about 15 times and ended up just stealing it from the library because I loved it so much hahaa
12 years

fancyfacebbw wrote:
This isn't literature, but "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". Anyone remember Leonardo DiCaprio's mom?

Actually, it is. "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" was written by Peter Hedges around 1990-91. I read it when it came out, and lingered long and hard over the parts about "Momma".

I remember thinking what a great movie it would make but also thinking that no one would possibly make it. The movie gets a little lost trying to bring a long, involved story to the screen, but it wasn't bad. The book was amazing!
12 years

Does anyone know of an online version of "The Cook" by Harry Kressing?
11 years

He is one of the minor characters in the book,but don't forget The Fat Boy in Charles Dickens' 'Picwick Papers'.
And,obviously,Augustus Gloop in Roald Dahl's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'
11 years

Srongwitter wrote:
Marvel comic (graphic novel) villain The Slug.

If you want to go the Marvel route, why not The Blob?
11 years

I had a young adult sci-fi short story collection when I was a kid that included a wonderful story for a budding FA. A mysterious storefront opens up in town that serves the most delicious, calorie-laden desserts imaginable, entirely for free.

Of course, a week later an expensive but effortless weight loss service opens up across the street that burns off about 5 lbs per visit and leaves the customer with a tiny blue tattoo the size of a pinprick on their wrist. The two shops are hinted to be run by the same company, and it becomes a massive success: all the girls at school gorge themselves on these desserts every day and spend all their parents' money at the weight loss place.

The story described these tattoos becoming the height of fashion, with some girls getting them so often it became like a full bracelet around their wrist.

I spent many hours imagining what would happen if the machine backfired and all those pinpricks were reversed. Or thinking about the girl who helped herself to the desserts all day and didn't give a fuuuck about the other shop.
11 years

Alternate Beauty by Andrea Raind Waggener
11 years

Sure he was big, but he wasn't exceptional for his species. Also, he's described as having a repulsive odor (again typical of the Hutt species). A better example from Star Wars novels is Evir Derricote. Or Bohhuah Mutdah.

They're both human, and aren't described as being particularly repugnant...physically anyway, morally they're both quite evil.
11 years

the feedee in the Road to Wigan Pier
10 years
12   loading