Lifestyle tips

Compromise or be alone?

I understand your dilemma and have asked myself the same question.

If you would not fancy them in a million years, then don't compromise. However, there can be situations where feelings need time to develop. There are some women that I have turned down previously, but now that I know them better, I certainly could fall in love with them. Unfortunately, they are taken now...

Love is a complicated thing...
11 years

Compromise or be alone?

Some very wise words from all who have posted on this topic, particularly from Wannabe princess. Even at my age I'm perplexed as to what I really want at times, but I think that is because we are constantly changing as we get older. What seemed important when we were younger doesn't always seem so important now.

I have seen relationships that looked very solid break up as the people involved found they had very little left in common, so compromise can only go so far. If you start a relationship based on too much compromise it will fail eventually unless the two people grow towards each other.

Relationships are very complicated and even when we find someone we think is perfect, it never really is. So I would say stick to your standards as you will find there is still compromise to be made in those relationships too and starting with too many compromises is just too much hard work.
11 years