General

Any tea addicts around??

I love tea !! I drink at least four pint mugfuls a day
Must Be Taylors Yorkshire Tea or Tetley to taste really good,milk and one heaped teaspoon of sugar..smiley
11 years

Any tea addicts around??

To me tea just tastes like a bunch of boiled leaves.
11 years

Any tea addicts around??

da-real-deal wrote:
AskDrFeeder wrote:
To me tea just tastes like a bunch of boiled leaves.

Ha ha Perfect discription my man because that is exactly what it is smiley

Yes, congrats on getting the joke!
11 years

Any tea addicts around??

Love a good cup of tea. Favorite place to buy (I don't think it exists outside of Canada) is David's Tea, they have some pretty interesting flavors (in black, green, white, rooibos, oolong, and herbal), and their selection rotates every few months (the bulk of it stays, but they have 'seasonal selections' appropriate for the time of year, like iced-tea or root-beer-float for summer, pumpkin chai for autumn, not sure what the big ones for spring and winter are).
11 years

Any tea addicts around??

eve wrote:
Anywayyyy back to normal tea.

I like Tetley's not too strong. NEVER squeeze the bag or it tastes all tanniny. one and a half sugar in a 400ml bone china mug, thanks! A decent amount of milk too, always AFTER the water, unless im having it from the pot, when i put the milk in my cup first. My teapot hardly sees the light of day, as it's too big for just me to bother with on my own. I do love that it has a plunger, so it traps the tea at he bottom in a sealed unit so it doesnt stew. I'm getting so fussy in my old age. I HATE Yorkshire tea - its orange, strong and blech!

I love making lemon tea too as Im a lemon head, but it stains the teeth so i have to limit it.

I know Yorkshire tea is an acquired taste,but if you don't brew it for too long it tastes really fresh and satisfying.
Even I hate tea that's too strongsmiley
10 years

Any tea addicts around??

My favourite at the moment is Russian Caravan. It has a strong smoky flavour and aroma. It's a blend of lapsang souchong and oolong. The story goes that the tea would be brought back from China along the silk routes by caravan (as in the long processions of traders with camels, not mobile homes haha) and the tea would take on its smokiness from the campfires along the 6,000 mile journey. I love the romantic images that conjures.

Either loose tea in a pot, or - my new favourite method - little empty tea sacs that you can fill with loose tea leaves and dunk. Unlike with tea bags (which are made with the dry skanky dust left on the factory floor), loose-leaf tea is good enough quality to use the leaves twice, so you can double-dunk.
10 years

Any tea addicts around??

I prefer green and white teas, only occasionally will I go out and get some Timmy's Steeped Tea which is loose leaf black tea. I get it with two milk and two sugars, I've gotten it a few times with cream in it and it was gross, completely killed the tea's flavour. All I could taste was cream.smiley I have Starbucks roobios tea though, it's caffeine free which doesn't help my headache. But I have had Japanese sencha and matcha tea too, I like that.
10 years

Any tea addicts around??

I do adore tea. smiley I have it every day, sometimes multiple times. Usually black teas but I like Chai and Earl Grey, or Orange & Cinnamon.

7 years

Any tea addicts around??

I drink tea also, I have come to prefer it to soda.
7 years