Extreme obesity

Judge dredd : the league of fatties

Since the late 80s early 90s I've been interested in the extremely obese people that occupy the world of Judge Dredd. I first saw them on the cover of the paperback Judge Dredd vs The Fatties and last year I finally got my hands on a copy. Unfortunately its quite a bit of a hetrosexual anticlimax because all the stories center around fat men but it does have some interesting ideas.

In one of the stories food is going to have to be rationed which throws the overweight community into chaos. They firmly believe that the larger you are the more food you should be alloted. I suppose if you were starving and someone was eating excessively you'd feel pretty angry, which brings in the idea of animosity towards fat people. I like the idea of a society that has the technology and health care to support people who gain to extreme proportions. The Fatties in these stories ranging from a modest 700lbs to well into the thousands, the only thing affecting their mortality being extreme hunger pangs that lead them to trying to consume cast iron bed frames and choking. They are also so large that in an effort to improve their mobility they use a belly wheel, like a unicycle propped under their stomach, or a sort of frame that goes between their legs. Which I think is totally awesome!

However, I've not read all the stories that were published later than that so I was wondering if anyone else had. I also heard a rumour that Judge Dredd had them all killed and I was wondering if anyone could confirm this and add any reasons as to why?
17 years

If you grab up the video game, "Dred VS Death" for Gamecube/ PS2/ XBOX, in multiple missions, there are NPCs sporting the little unicycle contraptions supporting their bellies. Both male and female NPCs. There's plenty of'em. You can follow them around, shoot them, kill them, or let vampires kill them. It's pretty cool.
17 years

Its really cool to watch them run when you chase them.
17 years