Fattening others

Fattening in films

tavas1903 wrote:
found this smiley

someone has already seen? how is it?

"Branded" ...yes, very weird, very interesting Russian movie. Much of it was kind of amateurish but there were flashes of genius as well. I did like it, but it isn't really a feedist thing.
9 years

Fattening in films

I recently saw "Gone Girl" with Ben Affleck and Rosamond Pike. Later in the film, Rosamond Pike's character is pounding down junk food in nearly every scene. Her character is wearing baggy clothes, so she looks bigger, but no detail. I did enjoy the eating scenes. Good movie with interesting twists.
9 years

Fattening in films

fanedfox wrote:
I recently saw "Gone Girl" with Ben Affleck and Rosamond Pike. Later in the film, Rosamond Pike's character is pounding down junk food in nearly every scene. Her character is wearing baggy clothes, so she looks bigger, but no detail. I did enjoy the eating scenes.

SPOILER ALERT!

I didn't get that part of the movie, couldn't figure out why she was gaining.

So I read the book.

The conceit of the book is that while the main couple hate each other and make each other miserable, they are each at their best when they're together...a weird sort of competitive blame game is going on.

When she leaves the guy, she is NOT at her best...her overeating and gaining dramatize what a useless slob she turns into when her husband isn't around to spur her to great heights of imitation saintliness.

In short, not a fat positive movie at all. And the weight gain is the cheapest kind of Hollywood pretend weight gain: she starts wearing baggy sweatshirts and sweatpants that suggest she's got something to hide.
9 years

Fattening in films

Not really feederism but two movies with interesting weight gain related to relationships:

1. Ending scenes in "Man with Two Brains" starring Kathleen Turner and Steve Martin. Steve Martin's character falls in love with a bodyless brain, then later when his bitchy lover(wife?) played by Kathleen Turner (he loves her for her beautiful body!), when she dies, he has the brain from the girl he truly loves put into Kathleen Turner's body. Turns out she was a compulsive eater, and by the time Martin's character is healed and out of the hospital (from the accident which killed his wife), Kathleen Turner has packed on many a pound. And yet, Martin does not see that because he is truly in love with the mind of the compulsive eater. Kind of sappy. Movie ends with him struggling to carry his new heavy bride over the threshhold. A nice, althought corny, fat-positive or body-positive message that love does not really depend upon anything as superficial as weight or size. Photo of Turner in her fat-face prosthetics:

2. Irreconcilable Differences starring Ryan ONeal and Shelley Long. After the divorce, Long's character submerges her emotions in food. Great scene of her eating and then later filling her grocery cart with junk food at the store before seeing her reflection in the shop window. Not fat-positive at all but still, uhm, seemed very steamy when I viewed this years ago as a teenager just figuring out my desires.
9 years

Fattening in films

GrowingLoveHandles wrote:
Not really feederism but two movies with interesting weight gain related to relationships:

1. Ending scenes in "Man with Two Brains" starring Kathleen Turner and Steve Martin. Steve Martin's character falls in love with a bodyless brain, then later when his bitchy lover(wife?) played by Kathleen Turner (he loves her for her beautiful body!), when she dies, he has the brain from the girl he truly loves put into Kathleen Turner's body. Turns out she was a compulsive eater, and by the time Martin's character is healed and out of the hospital (from the accident which killed his wife), Kathleen Turner has packed on many a pound. And yet, Martin does not see that because he is truly in love with the mind of the compulsive eater. Kind of sappy. Movie ends with him struggling to carry his new heavy bride over the threshhold. A nice, althought corny, fat-positive or body-positive message that love does not really depend upon anything as superficial as weight or size. Photo of Turner in her fat-face prosthetics:

2. Irreconcilable Differences starring Ryan ONeal and Shelley Long. After the divorce, Long's character submerges her emotions in food. Great scene of her eating and then later filling her grocery cart with junk food at the store before seeing her reflection in the shop window. Not fat-positive at all but still, uhm, seemed very steamy when I viewed this years ago as a teenager just figuring out my desires.

Went into the makeup site someone listed above and found these pics of Kathleen Turner in "Man With Two Brains." Also, a better plot summary is under the photos, better than what I recalled above.

Here is link:

www.themakeupgallery.info/character/fat/obese/twobrains.htm
9 years

Fattening in films

That hardly looks like someone who is supposed to be fat, she looks average weight to me.smiley
9 years

Fattening in films

i'm suprised nobody here has mentioned "PULP FICTION"...

8 years

Fattening in films

American Horror Story: Freak Story has a carnival fat lady toward the end of the season. I am surprised no one posted this.
8 years

Fattening in films

Geodude:
The new Mad Max film ( Fury Road) has some very big ladies who are fattened and machine milked to provide a food source! Its only a 30 second scene though...

It's barely ten seconds of screen time between the two scenes, and the women are in the background.
8 years

Fattening in films

there's a (very short) scene from a movie called "Backfire" where a woman has a big, bloated belly
7 years
23456   loading