Lifestyle tips

Uk plus size clothing shops

I LOVE this one:
www.syreetabadu.com/
especially the dress with giant shoulder puffs. Top recommendation, thanks Debz!!
10 years

I've just had a major epiphany with Debz's recommendation for navabi.co.uk.

I had despaired of finding a plus-size retailer that does designer/good quality clothing - I think Navabi might be fat-girl garment nirvana. Their stuff isn't cheap but they've got a half-price sale on at the moment with thousands of pieces in it, check it out!!

Ordered a ton of stuff, will report back re quality, sizing and how accurate the descriptions are. Fingers crossed.

Can anyone help with this:
The only thing I still can't find is a black suit for work (I have to wear one every day, so need several in my wardrobe) that's made of wool. I used to be able to buy natural fabric (usually very fine wool) suits from Austin Reed but they only go up to a (very small) 18. Traditional wool suits are great because they're breathable, cool in summer and warm in winter.

I now usually buy suits from Next (excellent range and not bad on fit and smartness) but they are always polyester and this makes me come out in an eczema-like rash especially in hot weather, probably because it's not breathable, and they get very sweaty and hot. I minimise this by wearing a cotton t-shirt under the jacket but it's still like wearing a plastic pac-a-mac!

If anyone knows of a plus-size retailer doing traditional fine wool suits, pleeeeeeeease let me know! NB. linen etc is no good, it gets too crumpled.
10 years

[b]bbwildrose wrote:
T.M. Lewin have wool suits in a size 20 if that's any good?

OMG thank you so much, I'll check it out!! Never knew they did ladies suits, let alone up to a 20!! Here's hoping it's not a small 20 haha. Thank you x
10 years

For anyone buying suits, I can report the TM Lewin size 20 is a fairly small one, would probably be equivalent to a Next size 18.

We should have this thread as a sticky??
10 years

I wish I hadn't stumbled upon this thread. I've just spent £200 in 30 mins lol smiley
I can't believe there were so many shops on the list that I'd never heard of! :o
10 years

Hey! smiley
Thank you!! This list has been so helpful, I've been able to buy something nice for my girlfriend... She is afraid of getting any bigger because she thinks no places do bigger than 28, but I told her I knew of somewhere where you can find places that do bigger sizes smiley
9 years