forum  weightgain

waist size & outgrown clothes5 years

At the ripe age of 38, I happen to have a 38" waist.

The packrat in me kept some of my older pants & jeans which I've outgrown.

I was wondering for how many of you your waist size is equal to or greater than your age.

Also, do any of you keep the clothes you outgrow? If so, for how long?

Don't know my measurements, but I'm 22 and wear a size 26/28, so it's greater than!

Currently wearing 66" in jeans without stretch panels, I can wear 64"s with stretch panels.

Okay, I have a new question for everybody here: you all keep mentioning jeans? Once I got past the 50" waist mark, I couldn't find anything with buttons and zippers on it to save my freaking life. Not even in plus-sized stores do they make jeans to fit me! And a few of you who are significantly larger than I am have blue jeans. So my question is, where do you find anything other than stretch pants and leggings for an ass this big?!

Tokyo, I buy almost all of my clothing from a mail order catalog called KingSizeDirect. Occasionally I'll find something in a store like Marshall's but that's a rare occurrence. Everything I've gotten from KingSize has had buttons and zippers.

I guess my size nearly equals my age, pants size is 26 which is like now and im 28. smiley
think that's like a 44 or 46 not sure which.
ive just chucked out all my small sizes, found a pair of size 18 jeans lol

Well, I must say my waist is 38 (but growing) and it equals my age. One's likely to grow quicker than the other, though smiley

I have a 55in waist now (have never has a tiny waist Lol) dress size 26 so at 58 years old my waist is less than my age albeit not much. I have no trouble finding jeans with zips with NO elasticated waist. I believe you can get them at least up to size 32 as you can with most other clothing. All at the links previosly mentioned by wannabeprincess

ha ha,46 and 46'' waist....how weird!even weirder,was 32 at 32!lol

waist size & outgrown clothes2 weeks

To expand a bit on the subject, recently with the changes of weather I've had to start reaching for fall/winter gear.

This week as I was walking, I caught sight of my reflection and was a little surprised by what I saw. The area of my coat/jacket covering my belly was protruding outward. That's never happened to me before. I'm at my heaviest now, 250lbs, but recently noticed my belly sticking out more in regular shirts for work. I was slightly in shock to see it cause my jackets to do the same.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does this mean I'm outgrowing my old clothes?
1 page 1 of 2   loading