Story authors

Why do you post your stories?

I'm in the process of re-writing the stories section as part of the new website development. I'm currently focusing on the 'My Stories' page, which at the moment lists your stories and enables you to sort them by most comments, most views, best rated etc.
I'm just wondering whether this is a useful feature that I should include in the new website or not.

I guess my wider question is, why do you publish your stories here and what kind of feedback is important to you? What would you like to see in the new website?
10 years

Marking stories as favorites is another form of feedback that I hadn't though of. That would give authors views, ratings, comments and number of favorites as feedback on their stories. It would also be useful for readers who may want to follow stories as more chapters are added or find the story again in the future.
10 years

I have several stories posted here. I am amazed by the number of views they receive. The majority of my stories are posted on my DA site, actually over ninety stories are there.

I like to get feed back and I appreciate the fact that others enjoy my writing too.

Ned Fox (fanedfox@deviantart.com)
10 years

thanks again for all your hard work hiccupx, and for giving us a place to explore and share our deepest darkest fantasies.

i second most of the comments here, in particular the suggestion that stories edited or chapters added to resurface.

too often otherwise excellent stories that are thoughtfully massaged or expanded (no pun intended) remain buried and go unnoticed.

b
10 years

Thanks for your comments so far.

One thing I was wondering about was whether to have a bit more about information about the authors, like a mini Author's profile or perhaps an extension to the existing profiles.

It could contain a list of their stories, and a bit from them about their work - why they like to write stories and the subjects that interest them. I can't promise anything at the moment - just exploring ideas.

As an author, do you think this would encourage you to publish more stories?

As a reader, do you think it would be interesting to know a little more about the Author's? Do you follow authors and wait eagerly for them to publish their next story?
10 years

hiccupx wrote:
Thanks for your comments so far.

One thing I was wondering about was whether to have a bit more about information about the authors, like a mini Author's profile or perhaps an extension to the existing profiles.

It could contain a list of their stories, and a bit from them about their work - why they like to write stories and the subjects that interest them. I can't promise anything at the moment - just exploring ideas.

As an author, do you think this would encourage you to publish more stories?

As a reader, do you think it would be interesting to know a little more about the Author's? Do you follow authors and wait eagerly for them to publish their next story?

I really like the idea of a mini author's profile. I think that would help readers understand where a particular author is coming from as far as inspiration and execution. This may create more pride in many author's works and improve the quality of written stories.

On the ability for readers to follow, that would be an awesome tool. I love when I go into a chat and people that follow some of the works produced comment and want to talk about where stories are heading. I think that if people were able to follow writers it would help them from scrolling through pages of stories looking for a particular author they love. As I love SNP's works I would love to be able to follow his author's profile as he would produce works.

I think people repost or post chapters of stories one at a time or in little blocks that can block up the new stories pages. It would be nice if when you add chapters to a story it reposts to the top. That way writers can keep their comments, views, and ratings intact, while readers don't have to search through a couple pages to catch up on the bits of the stories released. Just an idea smiley

Feedback is always important to an author for growth. Comments are definitely a powerful tool in the writing process and I think it would be pivotal too keep them. The mini author's profile page would be a nice boost to have comments directed towards style, storytelling, and progression rates of written works.

I think also what would be cool is when you click on a story it doesn't automatically take you to the first chapter. Instead it takes you to a bio of the story or a synopsis that could go a little more in depth than the smaller bit of information you see in the main stories screen. That way if you have material that may make someone uncomfortable, example like a sex scene or something, people would be aware of it early and be prepared for it. I like to write darker material usually with revenge or someone getting their comeuppances. Also most of my stories do not involve traditional weight gain and the time gaps which would be more realistic. A bio would help guide readers in those things so they are better informed what they are about to read. And if an author decides not to put a bio in, it takes them straight to chapter 1.

Finally, why do I like to write for FF? I have been on the site for several years before I made an account and its my way to give back to the community. I have loved being apart of this place. I love seeing people becoming happy with what they see in the mirror. Society stereotypes people constantly and people who are heavier are usually stereotyped. I love how this place helps people feel good and sexy about who they are and that they are more than just a number on a scale or a snide comment from idiots. Now I do tease those who like to get teased but its just for fun. Everyone here is beautiful and its thanks to you for making this site and running it. So I guess, I write for Fantasy Feeder because you are helping make the world a better place. I may not have a lot of money or skills to help run the site, but I hope I can write to give back to members who have made this place one of a kind. smiley
10 years

Thanks for your comments. Great to get the feedback smiley
10 years

hiccupx wrote:
Thanks for your comments. Great to get the feedback smiley

No problem ^^
10 years

I want the most amount of people to enjoy my work
4 years