forum  story writing

long, drawn out stories5 years

How many of you would enjoy a detailed, long story with a lot of set up and character development, and how many are simply interested in some quick fap material? (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

quick fap

but that's just how some of us shallow,
non-romantic males like our buttons pushed.

easier to write, too.

Why not both?

When I want to get off, there are a handful of short and to the point stories I can read and get on with my life. Somebody eats a bunch, gets fatter and fatter, and they live happily ever after.

However, I really enjoy reading. There are several stories I've read over the years that were long and drawn out that I enjoyed. A well written story with character development and plot would be wonderful.

I've been trying to combine the two elements in The Consort, and I hope that I'm doing alright with that.

As a reader I like both short and long stories. My only thing is that it has to have the detail. You don't really need a 50 chapter story for it to be great if it has good detail.

As a writer I like to write short stories but my details usually make them longer haha.

long, drawn out stories4 years

As a writer I always WANT to write more long, drawn out gaining stories, but as a fapper I finish one stuffing scene and before I can more on I, uh, lose interest in the story. So most of mine are just one shots. My newest, though, is already longer and I DO intend to return to it!

long, drawn out stories4 years

Im glad to see people like long stories bc i saw this and was like "no im doing it all wrong" glad that's not the case

long, drawn out stories3 years

I like longer stories where the subject starts thin and gradually puts on weight. I don't like long stories that have a lot of background and don't get to the weight gain for three pages. Although I am a straight male, I don't care if the subject is male or female. For example, I like stories where the wife fattens her husband.

billedmeup:
I like longer stories where the subject starts thin and gradually puts on weight. I don't like long stories that have a lot of background and don't get to the weight gain for three pages. Although I am a straight male, I don't care if the subject is male or female. For example, I like stories where the wife fattens her husband.

That.

And essentially, it is hard to combine the two things - if done well, it's perfect - having the context but also the sexy stuff.

I think part of the trick is to "hook" the reader from the beginning - if you start out with characters that raise people's interest, then you have some leverage to give them background as you go by.

I love the context and the long stories, but I like to know from the start what the plot is, so like others said I don't end up reading 5 chapters only to find out the couple finally said "I love you" over their first cupcake together smiley

I think part of the trick is to "hook" the reader from the beginning - if you start out with characters that raise people's interest, then you have some leverage to give them background as you go by.

that...and descriptive detail that can paint images in a reader's mind. done correctly a well written story can generate acute physical sensations that sometimes (i've been told) are more intense than in real life.
1 page 1 of 2   loading