General

Pokemon! ^_^

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are out. Don't forget you can get the special Rockruff, and you can also use Island Scan to get the Kanto starters on the first island amongst others too.

Special Rockruff:
If you load up the game and go to Mystery Gift before January 10th 2018 then you can download a Rockruff. This Rockruff is unique in that it is, within Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, the only way to get a Lycanroc in its new Dusk Form. It also comes with the Lycanium Z Z-Crystal which turns Stone Edge into Splintered Stormshards

-Melemele Island Scan
Charmander: Route 3, Sunday
Squirtle: Seaward Cave, Monday
Onix: Ten Carat Hill, Tuesday
Horsea: Kala'e Bay, Wednesday
Scatterbug: Hau'oli City, Thursday
Bulbasaur: Route 2, Friday
Litwick: Hau'oli Cemetery, Saturday

More info on how Island Scan works can be found here, though the Pokemon listed are for the original Sun/Moon:
reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5ex78s/everything_you_need_to_know_about_island_scan/
6 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Oh, one word of warning, there's a really nasty fight late game involving a rather powerful Pokemon. You'll know what it is when you encounter it. Using a Mimikyu with Toxic or Curse bred onto it will cheese it if you can't beat it normally. Having other Pokemon spam Protect can help you survive until it falls.

Alternatively you can bring in Zorua/Zoroark and a Pokemon weak to Psychic and have it mimic that to bait the Pokemon's Psychic attack which Zorua/Zoroark is immune to.
6 years

Pokemon! ^_^

bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hidden_Ability_Alola_Starter_Pok%C3%A9mon_available_to_redeem

Hidden ability Alola starters have been released to those using Pokebank.

Players can redeem fully-evolved Alola starter Pokemon with their respective Hidden Abilities via Pokemon Bank. Opening Pokemon Bank with either Pokemon Sun or Moon and/or Pokemon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon sends them to the deliveryman at any Pokemon Center by Mystery Gift.

Decidueye with Long Reach
Leaf Blade;
Phantom Force;
Shadow Sneak;
Brave Bird.

Incineroar with Intimidate
Fake Out;
U-turn;
Darkest Lariat;
Flare Blitz.

Primarina with Liquid Voice
Hyper Voice;
Moonblast;
Icy Wind;
Perish Song.

Long Reach turns all of Decidueye's contact-moves like Leaf Blade, Brave Bird, Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch/etc into non-contact moves, so they won't trigger things like Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, Flame Body, Poison Point/etc.

Intimidate should be well known to people already (drops opponents attack by 1 stage when this Pokemon enters battle), and it helps Incineroar out immensely with its natural bulk and typing.

Liquid Voice turns Primarina's sound-based moves into Water moves, which turns Hyper Voice into a superior Surf/Sparkling Aria (doesn't cure enemies of burns like SA does, doesn't hurt allies, ignores Substitutes).
6 years

Pokemon! ^_^

The new Mythical Pokemon Zeraora has been officially revealed:

The Mythical Pokémon Zeraora appears like a thunderbolt! This Pokémon creates a powerful magnetic field by emitting strong electric currents from the pads on its hands and feet. It can use this magnetic field to levitate and move through the air at high speed. Its max speed is said to be about the same as that of a lightning strike.

Unlike most Electric-type Pokémon, it doesn’t have an organ within its body that can produce electricity. However, it is able to gather and store electricity from outside sources, then use it as its own electric energy. When it uses massive amounts of electricity, its fur stands on end all over its body.

Zeraora is an extremely fast Electric type, even faster than many other already fast Pokemon. It's signature move is Plasma Fists, a physical Electric move with 100 power. Similar to Electrify and Ion Deluge, it also turns all Normal moves into Electric moves for the remainder of that turn.

No details yet on how Zeraora will be acquired. It will also play a role in the upcoming Pokemon movie as shown below:

5 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee are the new Switch games and can connect up with Pokemon Go, letting you transfer Pokemon over from Go. Their release date is November 16, and they appear to effectively be a remake of the original Red/Blue/Yellow games.

A few other details:
-They include local co-op
-No wild Pokemon battles, just throwing balls at them to capture Go style
-The game only has the original 151 Pokemon + some Alolan Pokemon, and one new one we haven't seen before which is available if you link to Pokemon Go
-You can't evolve your starter Pikachu or Eevee, like in Pokemon Yellow, but you will be able to evolve wild Pikachu and Eevee
-Wild Pokemon encounters aren't random, they're all visible in the overworld
-Following Pokemon are back as well, you'll automatically ride big ones while your Pikachu/Eevee sits on you instead.
-The Poke Ball Plus also available for retail will serve as both a joycon and also light up, vibrate, and makes noises imitating a Pokemon that you can place inside and carry around with you.

Lastly there will also be a new Pokemon game in 2019 as well which seems like it could be more like the normal titles. Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee were more designed with influences from Pokemon Go to help introduce Go players to the main series.
5 years

Pokemon! ^_^

yoshiko:
same sameeeeee!! This and fallout are on my must haves list im SO excited!! #hype[/quote]

I'm so hyped for fallout 76 I have seen the trailer yesterday! But if pokemon let's go will be available only on switch idk if I'll ever play it :'( is it a Nintendo switch exclusive right?
5 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! are due to only come out in just a few days. Some of the data has been looked into and all of the version exclusives have been revealed:

Let's Go Pikachu! exclusives:
-Scyther
-Grimer/Muk
-Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume
-Sandshrew/Sandslash
-Growlithe/Arcanine
-Mankey/Primeape
-ingame trade Persian
-ingame trade Alolan Sandshrew
-ingame trade Alolan Grimer

Let's Go Eevee! exclusives:
-Pinsir
-Koffing/Weezing
-Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
-Ekans/Arbok
-Meowth/Persian
-Vulpix/Ninetales
-ingame trade Arcanine
-ingame trade Alolan Meowth
-ingame trade Alolan Vulpix
5 years

Pokemon! ^_^

1st trailer for POKÉMON Detective Pikachu! Looks quite good
5 years

Pokemon! ^_^

1Soundwave1:
1st trailer for POKEMON Detective Pikachu! Looks quite good

I never played Detective Pikachu, but I like the look of this.
5 years

Pokemon! ^_^

With the trailer I have to say it's a bit of a toss up for me. I feel like it's either going to be a hit movie of the year or a pretty substantial flop but leaning towards the former moreso.
5 years