Gaining

Weight gain reaction

I've put on about 40 pounds in the past few years. I haven't had any reaction but I have a feeling people have noticed even though it doesn't show too much.
17 years

Weight gain reaction

Buffetbelly wrote:
I went from a muscular and broad shoulder build to massively fat (240 to 365 at 6'1"smiley. The first 75 pounds or so came on really quickly, so people were very startled. They made a fuss. But once the original shock wore off, I didn't ehar anything more.

People have to adjust their thinking. I had been in category of a "regular guy" in people's mind and I suddenly jumped to the "fat guy" category. That's a big adjustment. But once people came to think of me as a fat guy, that was it. When I put on even more weight, they didn't bat an eye because that's what fat guys do.

So when you are facing those initial harsh reactions, realize that it doesn't go on forever. Once people think of you as a fat person, things will settle down.

this is what happened to me. i had lost alot of weight in high school. i weighed about 140 when i graduated. when i started gaining, i put on 50 lbs really quickly. everyone started talking about me, and commenting on it. im now at 220-225 and nobody has said anything in a while.
17 years

Weight gain reaction

I've never been what most people would call average. I started to get big when I was only four years old. But my mum and dad still pester me about my weight, and my mum is always asking me to go to weight watchers with her. But its alright, I don't get bugged about it that often
16 years

Weight gain reaction

Some coworkers thought I was pregnant and just didn't say anything about it.smiley
16 years