Events

Chicago - may 31st!

It's that time again!

Let's get together in May when all this damn snow is gone! This will be happening regardless of the amount of people who show up (aka if it's just me and my gf then so be it!) Hopefully with this event two-ish months out it can be on people's calendars far enough in advance. I went through a couple websites that have events for May 31st and came up with the following:

Chicago New Orleans Festival, 12-10pm, Lincoln Park, $5 Donation: www.chicagoevents.com/event.cfm

Chicago White Sox vs. San Diego Padres, 12pm US Cellular Field (south side of city), tickets start at $8: www.chicagoevents.com/event.cfm

Trapped in a Room with a Zombie, 12:30/2:30/4:30/6:30pm, Fine Arts Building, The Loop, $28: www.chicagoevents.com/event.cfm

Food/drinks will be happening regardless of if we're doing an event. Ideally I would like to do SOMETHING other than food/drinks, but if that's all the people on this forum want to do, that's fine as well. Let me know what you guys think!
10 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Cool! Thanks for looking all that up! I would also vote for the New Orleans Fest. It sounds great!
10 years

Chicago - may 31st!

*bump* don't want this to get lost in the shuffle - glad to see this is getting a little interest though! I'll look more into the new orleans fest and white sox game then. The zombie event was a longshot since it's almost $30/person but I love the walking dead so I figured to throw that option in there haha.
10 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Sounds like a blast. I'm in.
10 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Yes, I'm in. Thanks for doing this.
10 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Ugggggghhhhhhhhh so figures that when we set our sights on the New Orleans festival the organizers decide to change the date to late August. F'ing. Lame. smiley We can do that then if people want (I'll probably post about it in June), but I'm still wanting to do something on May 31. If anyone else wants to look into things to do go ahead - I'm assuming people don't want to pay too much for a venue or something since food/drinks will be involved. I'll look around and see what I can find other than the Sox game and the zombie thing mentioned in my first post.
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Well that website is a godsend! Based on the events scheduled that weekend I think MaiFest (a German food/beer festival) would be our next best option. Not entirely sure our specific demographic of people would want to do a healthy living expo or a vegetarian parade, haha. The link to MaiFest is www.mayfestchicago.com/ and it runs from 12-11pm, but I'm sure we won't be there the entire time. Free admission, but you'll have to pay for the food/drinks. Let me know what you guys think of this option!
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Still down for this. Looking forward to meeting some folks.
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

I would be in for the German Festival as well!
9 years

Chicago - may 31st!

Good choice. Yes, I'm in for this too.
9 years
123   loading