Fat experiences

I'm fat.

One of my best friends is around your height like 6'2" and around 300. Now he's been in the same boat as you, he has lost weight and gained it back unhealthily in the bast several years. Yo-yoing from 230-240 to 300 in that time. Granted he is not happy with it, but he doesn't project it out there for others to see.

Convention would dictate that he wouldn't have any luck with women, but that's far from the truth. It's all in the way you carry yourself. Women can sense your insecurity and lack of confidence before they even talk to you, and it is quite a deterrent. You must learn to accept yourself and be comfortable with who you are, otherwise you will never be happy even if you're with someone.
9 years

I'm fat.

romolampkin wrote:
I am fat. Not the fattest, mind you. But fat. I wish I WASNT fat. I feel like I look better thinner. More muscular. But I am addicted to shitty food in the worst way. I don't know what to do with myself. I have lost 140 lbs total, but gained it all back twice. I just cannot seem to maintain a happy lifestyle.

I'm an awesome guy. I'm so fun to be around, funny, witty, compassionate, blah blah. I'm good. But my weight ALWAYS gets me looked over by the women. Which sucks, because the type I prefer tends to very rarely ever be attracted to anyone but muscular or at least... not fat. This is my curse.

Chill. You know those slim muscular guys? They're not all funny or good company. See that hot ripped fella? He's really bad at sex and his breath smells.

No-one is perfect. I'd say that being awesome, fun, witty, blah blah is the best bet for finding someone who, long-term, will suit you. Because the buff skinny guys might not stay that way but your personality will.

You might find that because your body shape isn't necessarily "lowest common denominator" that it takes you a wee bit longer to find the right woman, but that just means you gotta look beyond the obvious/superficial too. I'm not trying to kid you that this isn't a numbers game - of course it's true that the conventionally muscular/slim guys are going to get a higher hit rate (for boring societal reasons that we don't need to go into - it's not right, but it IS a fact). Be patient, keep looking, don't give up. You have so many things going for you.

If you can, learn to be happy with yourself and people will warm to you for that. As you get older you come to an acceptance of yourself - not "giving in" but an appreciation that you have plenty of good qualities and attractive aspects (physical and otherwise) that you can really work with. WORK IT!

Plus you wouldn't be human if you didn't have a little self-doubt. I personally prefer it to the arrogance of those who feel entitled by dint of their perceived awesomeness. Introspection and feelings of inadequacy made a career for Morrissey smiley
9 years