Fat experiences

First bad experience on ff

fatso25 wrote:
This is all to common with any online community and says far more about him and his own fears/insecurities/dishonesty etc than it does about you.

Don't let it put you off but do remember that things are rarely as they seem online and protect your heart accordingly.

A lot of people love the fantasy side of things and think they want it to be reality until they have the chance and then are overcome with fear and cowardice.

This is really good advice, as as said above, this sort of behaviour is definitely not just something that happens on FF but any meet up / dating site.

The username disappearing means that they deleted their entire profile I'm afraid. As fatso said for many people this site is just a fantasy, but I think it's unfair when those same people lead others on who do want something out of this site in real life.

I've been on this site many years and here are a few pointers I would add from those experiences to help sort out the real people from the fantasists.

- If you're looking for real contact, don't bother contacting anyone who hasn't been a member on the site for at least several months. SO many people here come and go all the time to hide from people they've messed around.

- If they seem too good to be true, they usually are. Always have this at the back of your mind.

- If you have been talking for weeks, even months but haven't moved outside of FF, (Facebook, ***, texting, calls etc) alarm bells should be ringing. Either they are ashamed of their fetish (and will therefore want to date you in secret) or they're married / have a partner already.

- Do your research. If you know their real name, look them up online, but bear in mind people can create entirely false social media profiles too. Unconnected friends from all over the world are usually the easiest giveaway for this, alongside a complete lack of photos uploaded by others where the profile owner has been tagged. Aside from Facebook stalking, ask about his daily life and job. Do his working hours and material wealth tie up? If he's working shifts at Wal Mart, chances are that new car in the picture he sent you is a hire car or a friends! He says he works for a top law firm? Call up their switchboard and ask for him (then hang up before being transferred if it's legit)! You get the idea.

- Google image search is your best friend. Drag and drop the photos they send in to it. You would be amazed how many ugly blokes use stolen bodybuilder or male model photos, and anyone who says in 2014 that they don't have any sort of camera is just a total liar, so steer well clear.

- Finally don't invest too much time / money / heartache etc in one person until you are really really sure. On here and other sites everyone gets a few knock backs, but I've also met some fantastic people in my time here too, so it's not all bad!

Good luck!
9 years

First bad experience on ff

fatso25 wrote:
This is all to common with any online community and says far more about him and his own fears/insecurities/dishonesty etc than it does about you.

Don't let it put you off but do remember that things are rarely as they seem online and protect your heart accordinglying.

A lot of people love the fantasy side of things and think they want it to be reality until they have the chance and then are overcome with fear and cowardice.

Very true, couldn't have said it better myself. Essex also touched base on some points that you should try to check to see how active they are on the site. Some guys are constantly making new profiles to hide from others who they are. Some really are on just for the fetish and to get their rocks off.
9 years