Fat experiences

Body anxiety

I can relate. Heck I go through phases of wanting to eat a lot and wanting to diet. It's not easy when so many people parade the so called perfect body. Heck girls get picky with guys as much as they are with girls. It's a challenge but know your not alone.
8 years

Body anxiety

Hey, don't sweat it. Before, I became chubby, I had a terrible degree of anxiety on account of the fact that I'm very short for a guy. Once, I gained weight, I had violated two. rules of what not to be...... I was short and fat for a guy. When I began to focus on things that I wanted, people would feed off of my positive energy. I was like a luminary. Focus on what makes you happy and life will work it's self out.
6 years

Body anxiety

johniav:
Hey, don't sweat it. Before, I became chubby, I had a terrible degree of anxiety on account of the fact that I'm very short for a guy. Once, I gained weight, I had violated two. rules of what not to be...... I was short and fat for a guy. When I began to focus on things that I wanted, people would feed off of my positive energy. I was like a luminary. Focus on what makes you happy and life will work it's self out.

This sounds like me to a t. I'm short: not quite 5' 6", fat and bald (so, I shave it). I feared becoming the stereotypical short fat bald guy ala Danny De Vito, the "time to make the donuts" Dunkin Donuts guy, or the short fat grandpa. I'm gray, and my beard gives people the opportunity to make Santa Claus comments. Contrary to how most people feel about Santa Claus, he kind of creeps me out. :o

Anyway, little by little I've simply become comfortable with what I look like and how I feel about myself in spite of other people's expectations and judgements. It's a process, sometimes slow and painful but I think the anxiety and self-doubt do go away.
6 years

Body anxiety

johniav:

MarshmallowMinotaur:
This sounds like me to a t. I'm short: not quite 5' 6", fat and bald (so, I shave it). I feared becoming the stereotypical short fat bald guy ala Danny De Vito, the "time to make the donuts" Dunkin Donuts guy, or the short fat grandpa. I'm gray, and my beard gives people the opportunity to make Santa Claus comments. Contrary to how most people feel about Santa Claus, he kind of creeps me out. :o

Anyway, little by little I've simply become comfortable with what I look like and how I feel about myself in spite of other people's expectations and judgements. It's a process, sometimes slow and painful but I think the anxiety and self-doubt do go away.
I agree 100%
6 years

Body anxiety

I've never had issues with my body confidence. It could be due to never dating anybody or inherently having a different way of thinking.

At any rate, cherish the body you have and it'll cherish you. It's the only one you're ever going to get.
6 years