Fat experiences

Family and relatives opinion about your weight

You don't have to tell your family you are gaining on purpose. Just tell them you are happy the way you are.
8 years

I have to agree with "johnxyz" I would not tell them your gaining on purpose. I'm gaining, my wife doesn't say anything to me, she is a BBW herself so I'm sure that maybe why. When visiting back East this summer, my mother only said take care of your health. No mention of my weight gain.
8 years

Delurking here.

I havent seen my family in 5 months and in that time I've gained 30lbs. The last time they saw me I was a stick now I have a fat belly, clothes are tighter and I am not far from becoming overweight.

My gain is quite unavoidable considering how thin I was so their reactions are going to be interesting.

I do remember my Dad saying jokingly something like "maybe you'll come back with a little meat on you, that would be nice!" I dont think he'd expect his skinny boney son to return as a new blubber ball..

Hopefully any reactions will be temporary, and your folks will get used to your new size. I for one am looking forward to the comments I have coming, though I don't plan on telling my family my gain is intentional, i'd rather keep them amazed and confused at my new appetite!
8 years

I have this problem too. My mum is more and more often now telling me what not to eat. "Don't eat too many of them pizzas, they'll make you fat". I just find it annoying, really, but I try to ignore it. I usually give off the impression that I'm happy the way I am. I wish I could just say "I like being fat and enjoy being a fatty!"

But if you're away in College, you have more freedom, you can eat what you like, whenever you like. I really envy that! But yes, as others have said, as long as you are happy that's the main thing smiley
8 years

I hadn't seen my family in 4 years and when I did get to visit them, I was pretty fat. Yeah, I got the stares and "You better start losing weight before it's too late." All I could say was " I don't have the time anymore to work out."

My workout amounts to couch eating and junk food after dinner. I am happy with the size I am now.

Update: just visited my brother and sis after 3 years and they have gained about 60 lbs each. I teased them but they love their new bodies.
8 years

I gained 20 pounds this past August, it's doable. Obviously 120 is just not a thing, though.
7 years

Last week I received a comment from my mum (who is concerned about her own weight) about how she can see me gaining allot of weight due to various circumstances and how it's hard to lose.

I just told her I'm ok with it and I'm hoping that constant reassurance will prevent any significant issues down the line.

That said, I did already have an argument with her a few weeks back because I kept wanting some mini sausage rolls, turns out she was concerned because she took it as a symptom of something so again I had to reassure her I was fine and apologized for liking her food (for the record, I didn't actually eat that much, I was just constantly getting small portions).

The only people who really concern me are my brothers because I see them so infrequently and they're more fitness concerned (ones a PT in the army and they're both muscular) and I'm sure they'll b**** behind my back to our mum.

Again I'm hoping my circumstances and constant reassurance will try and reduce any issues.
7 years

AmandaLynn:
I gained 12 lbs in 9 days, 10 nights once, I was on an all inclusive cruise in the Caribbean.[/quote]

That I can believe! I love cruises! I'd love to take a girl on a cruise and watch her eat and enjoy so much good food, she gains over a pound a day. :-)
7 years

AmandaLynn:
It was as enjoyable as it was shocking. They may as well have attached a feed bag to my face and and IV to my arm for the daiquiris.

Hahaha!! That conjures up an interesting picture.
7 years