Fat experiences

Button popping pants/shorts

I wear slacks during most work days for my career and I have to say over the last several years it seems that My buttons always have to get re sown on so much more frequently. It's not that they just blow off but at the end of the day after changing out of them I notice the button hanging by a string and all loose and stretched out. I have had to make many trips to my tailor to not only take out all my pants in the waist but now still am bringing them on to get buttons re sewn on.
A couple of times my tailor who is asian when I brought several pairs of slacks in to have the waist let out to accommodate my growing gut he said without much diplomacy "again, you need me to make bigger" I said these must be some other pairs and he was quick to tell me "No, these are ones I have already made bigger last time" I said "oh" he then said " I will see if there is anymore room left". Well I am sure he is quite aware even though I wasn't until I saw your post why my buttons keep hanging by a string even though I keep having my Tailor fix them. I thought my tailor was just repairing them bad...it makes sense that there is quite a bit of stress down there on my button from heavy and distended belly.
8 years

I love popping buttons off of my pants or shorts
6 years

Yeah, I remember when I put on my old khaki shorts I hadn't wear in a year. Luckily this occured inside my house, so I put on the shorts and sat down just to hear a loud pop and look down to find the button from my shorts about 3 feet away from me. Luckily I've bought newer khaki shorts that fit me but I'm starting to feel that these new khaki shorts will have the same fate as the older shorts.
6 years

What is it about Asian tailors/dry cleaners?! LOL. I've had lots of pants let out lately and my Korean tailor always touches my round belly and says in her broken English, "You get fat!" Wonder what she'll say if I have to have suspender buttons added because my gut hangs over the waistband, making belts passe?
6 years

palndrm:
What is it about Asian tailors/dry cleaners?! LOL. I've had lots of pants let out lately and my Korean tailor always touches my round belly and says in her broken English, "You get fat!" Wonder what she'll say if I have to have suspender buttons added because my gut hangs over the waistband, making belts passe?

As a German I have felt some similarities when working with my Japanese or Chinese colleagues, that saying the blunt truth tends to be the trend in many situations. Then, there are other situations where saving someone's face is the most important. Very fascinating culture differences, I think.

But, back on the subject of popping, when my butterball went to his last feedee and feeder dinner, I could feel that he was sucking in just slightly. He had outdone himself that night, I was so pleased. When we came home he went into the bathroom and I heard all the buttons popping off.
When I weighed him a couple days later he had gained more than I had required him to gain. But hearing those little buttons pop, I felt so happy.
6 years