Feedback and suggestions

New chat (beta)

Text chat crashed but should be working again now.

I'm pleased that you like it overall, it's not like the other chat so takes getting used to but a few more people seems to be using it now.

As you say it still needs some tweeks. I'm planning to have another session working on it shortly which will hopefully sort some of the more major bugs.
8 years

New chat (beta)

Everybody shown in the 'online' tab is in chat. IN other words, they have the chat page open in their browser and are connected to the chat room.

Whether they are looking at the chat at the time or want to get involved in the conversation is another thing. I've noticed that some users tend to leave the chat open, but appear to be doing other things. Some people tend to leave the chat open while they wait for their friends to come online and then go straight into private chat. I guess from this perspective it's the same as the 'video' chat.

Perhaps an indicator showing time since last chat activity might be useful here.
8 years

New chat (beta)

Blocks have not yet been build into the new chat system but it's on my list of things to do.
8 years

New chat (beta)

Hey!! Why can I not access the new text chat?? I get a blank screen for "online" and chat that is almost 4 hours old for the tab "chat".

Thanks!!
8 years

New chat (beta)

I've just checked the text chat and it's working for me. Have you ever been able to access the text chat on your device or is this just a temporary glitch? If you've never been able to access it on your device, what type of device are you using? (e.g. type of mobile phone or pc, and make of browser).
8 years

New chat (beta)

Thank You!! for your prompt response. Yes - I have used the text chat previously on many occasions. The text chat is working again. It appeared to have been a temporary glitch of several hours.

THANKS!!! for your help and quick response.
8 years

New chat (beta)

I seem to be encountering a similar recurring problem where both the online tab and chat tab are completely blank. I'm on pc and using firefox. I've tried switching browser to chrome and it did not fix the problem. The previous times it occurred it fixed itself after several hours as well.
8 years

New chat (beta)

I am encountering the same recurring problem tonight for several hours now. Both the online and chat tabs are completely blank. I am on pc workstation using Chrome. I tried rebootting the computer. It did not fix the problem. Previously, it resolved itself after several hours.
8 years

New chat (beta)

The text chat continues to not work. Nothing but a blank screen. Other members are experiencing the same problem.
8 years

New chat (beta)

It periodically keeps crashing. I'll look into this as soon as I get a chance.
8 years
12345   loading