Gaining

Point of no return

What I've noticed is that people who stuff themselves to the point that they can't take a deep breath once a week or more usually can't stop gaining. I'm not saying that's the only "beyond return' point, but it's certainly one of them.
8 years

Point of no return

There is a study that showed that when rats were made obese, the longer they remained obese, the harder it became form them to lose weight permanently. As you stay fat, your body adjusts to the new equilibrium weight and there is no known way to decrease it once it's been increased, so yes there is a point of no return. I'm curious how much I've ruined my girlfriend who gained from 150-255 for me and stayed fat for the last 3 years. Pretty sure she didn't sign up for permanency, lol.
8 years

Point of no return

Everyone is different. Normally large people can not lose weight and keep it off. One study shows your chance of losing weight and keeping it off is one in 177. But sometimes when the weight is purposely gained in a short time, people can lose it. For some people it might be after gaining 10 pounds, for others it may be after they gain 200 pounds.
8 years

Point of no return

I feel like I have reached a point of no return. I used to periodically gain and lose between 180 and 220 lbs, but earlier this year I intentionally gained up to 250 and since then it has been impossible to stay under 240! I really thought I would just lose the weight I gained intentionally but its not happening.
8 years

Point of no return

The fact that I need to eat so much, so regularly... that's how I know I've crossed the line.

I stuff myself like crazy, and still get hungry between meals... I don't know if I could last three hours between eating!

The fat life is the good life!
8 years

Point of no return

Honestly I wouldn't be able to stop now. I realised this after reading the posts. 1 shake aday has sealed my fate
8 years

Point of no return

OnyxStar:
I have never grown so fast as I am now... I think this is my point of no return. I now find I am stuffing myself just because eating and being insanely full "feels good"... yep Im going to get "fat".... (finally lol)

You've always been one of the Nicest people on this site. I am So happy you're finding your rhythm as a Gainer. smiley
8 years

Point of no return

chubbynate:
I would say the point of no return happens when you grow big enough that your skin can no longer return to the way it looked when you started if you lost all the weight.

There seems to be an early point of no return where your appetite is never satisfied unless you're bloated. And unless you really go to extremes to loose weight the weight stays on even when you cut back and eat less. It happened to me a few months after I reached 230 lbs.

Hi nate, thanks for posting. So, you are saying that I would have to lose weight to find out? How much loss would be needed to find out?

I know when my dad lost a lot of weight, that he had flabby skin were his belly had been. I guess he would have been stuck with those rolls of lose skin.
6 years

Point of no return

anotherpiece:
Honestly I wouldn't be able to stop now. I realised this after reading the posts. 1 shake aday has sealed my fate
i

This is such an exciting thought of ones fate being sealed. Makes me wonder about my own fate???
6 years

Point of no return

I think I'm at the point of no return. I'm wearing a pair of fairly new Dockers in size 42, that are difficult to button. Also, wearing a snug polo shirt is adding to the appearance of my belly protruding even more and even jiggling a little bit when I move.

There was a time that my appearance like this would have disgusted me. Now, however, I really like the look and the feeling of my clothes being as snug as they are. I think 44s are in the extremely very near future, and I look forward to that and then 46s. . smiley
6 years