Gaining

Heavy cream is very sneaky

OnyxStar:
The delayed gain reallly seems to happen too- and the cream seems to make me hungrier. It seemed I had been on a plateau forever...(which in reality was only a few days I guesss) I was drinking it everyday and not seeing any changes on the scale.

After getting discouraged, and not trying to gain for a few days or so, I weighed myself and saw the gain. Oddly enough, I haven't been drinking near as much cream, but my weight has started to climb everyday.

I'm very, very happy to read about delayed effects!
8 years

Also, I've been making sure to eat or drink something very sugary at the same time as drinking the cream shakes in the hope that it'll stimulate a glycemic response. A bit hardcore perhaps, but I don't intend to go quite this full-on for long.
8 years

Hansel250:
Also, I've been making sure to eat or drink something very sugary at the same time as drinking the cream shakes in the hope that it'll stimulate a glycemic response. A bit hardcore perhaps, but I don't intend to go quite this full-on for long.

OnyxStar:
This is what I have been doing too! smiley
Idk, seems to work. Ive read mixed stuff especially about the Paleo diet that says it could make you lose (which I still don't understand) - anyway, Im not taking any chances and Im making the most of it

I don't know much about the Paleo Diet, but I do know that it is unlikely that adult Palaeolithic humans would have consumed cream, since Lactase persistence is a relatively recent adaptation among (predominantly, I believe) Europeans. Also, diets involving high fat consumption are (again, to my limited knowledge) ketogenic in nature, thus relying upon very low carbohydrate intake in order to facilitate weight loss.

So, those of us whose bodies are not in ketosis and who consume a lot of dairy-fat calories?

We're going to get fat. smiley
8 years

OnyxStar:

I think the reason heavy cream is more Paleo friendly is just because it has even less of an insulin response than milk just due to lack of sugars (or so Ive read lol)

Of course - that makes sense.

OnyxStar:I haven't been on it so Im not an expert, but Im guessing its akin to Atkins in a way....I just found this out when I was getting frustrated about my slow gain eventhough I was drinking cream and lead me into playing a chemist again with food lol....still a mad scientist in search of the perfect gaining concoction smiley

Fellow mad scientist here. We should team up. smiley
8 years

Slowly at first. I was a bit too gung-ho to begin with and suffered 5 hours of nausea for my efforts. Lesson learned the hard way.
8 years

Been mixing heavy cream with chocolate milk since Last Thursday, im up 7 lbs but I am SOOOO much jigglier.
8 years

I tried heavy cream for about two weeks.
Really hated the taste and the consistency.
I would drink a pint a day for two days the off two days.
I had been on a gaining cycle anyway so I'm not sure if it did much.
8 years

pummeluff:
seems, i mixed up heavy and whipping cream... Not a native speaker, sry.

georgejorge:
In the US, it's actually called heavy whipping cream. Most people say heavy cream, but you're still talking about the same thing.

Heavy and heavy whipping are two different products. Whipping cream has slightly less fat in it than standard heavy (or double, in the UK) cream, the reason being that if you whip double/heavy cream, it's a little too dense.
8 years

Clotted cream has its place, namely on a scone with jam, but it's not ideal for adding to shakes due to its viscosity.
8 years

I've recently have been wanting to gain weight and get so fat. So on Thursday, I bought a pint of Heavy Whipping Cream and a bottle of chocolate refuel. Well I ended up drinking all of that on Friday, so yesterday I bought a quart of cream and a half gallon of chocolate whole milk. I've drank at least 6 or 7 16 oz. cups of chocolate milk and cream shakes within the past three days and my god it's really working well! I love the results I've gotten so far, and I can't wait to see how much fatter I get by drinking these shakes. I'm taking a break from drinking one today, I mean I took a few sips of one shake about an hour ago but I want to leave the rest for tomorrow when I go out and get some weight gain powder and a scale. smiley I'm not sure how much I weighed before drinking this delicious fattening shake, but I'm excited to see how much I weigh by tomorrow. In about an hour or so I'll be eating either a triple cheeseburger from Wendy's or a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese from McDonalds. I'm sure I'll be pretty huge within a few months if I continue to drink these shakes. smiley
8 years
12345   loading