Story authors

Tips on writing wg stories?

Wanted to start writing a story to sort of contribute something to the community.
Any ideas on how to get started?
8 years

Easiest thing to start with is using a fantasy of yours as a plot. You will be invested in the story from the outset. Also, be to the point, create your characters, "flesh" them out, but don't take a lot of space/paragraphs doing so. Introduce them and then get started with the gaining plot.

Good Luck
8 years

fanedfox

Wow,I've read some of your work on dA! Thanks for the help! smiley
8 years

You're welcome, good luck!
8 years

One thing I find helpful is to think about a story you really love, and then think about why you love it. Great characters? A specific scene? Food detail? Different things work for different people, and the most important thing, I think, is to write something that works for you. So get familiar with your own taste and preferences first.

Hope that helps!
8 years

juicy:
One thing I find helpful is to think about a story you really love, and then think about why you love it. Great characters? A specific scene? Food detail? Different things work for different people, and the most important thing, I think, is to write something that works for you. So get familiar with your own taste and preferences first.

Hope that helps!

So True! I write what I like. I have not taken any requests on my DA site. My stories usually start as a day dream while going to sleep. Some of my most downloaded/read stories are ones that started as a day dream fantasy that I just wrote down.
8 years