Lifestyle tips

How to really make it permanent?

You might be dropping off pounds because your metabolism is high, which unfortunately can't really be helped. The only way I can think to get around it is that when people lose a little weight from not eating as much, their metabolism slows down because your body thinks there's a food shortage and it'll turn calories into fat.

I used to have a pretty fast metabolism back when I was like, 185 lb. I would SERIOUSLY overindulge, like 4000-6000 calories a day to try to gain any weight. I got up to like, 220 lb before I got a little sick and couldn't eat much. Lost 20 lb, but then over the next 6 months I ended up going to 270 lb.

Overall, you just have to keep at it smiley. Your metabolism will eventually give out I think. Gaining plateaus are definitely annoying.

A few other tips:

1. Try to eat right before bed. According to people, eating before bed won't give your body a chance to burn any calories, and it'll just turn to fat.

2. On the recipe forum on this site, there's a few recipes for weight gain shakes. Things like mixtures of heavy cream, nutella, ice cream, etc...which usually adds up to several thousand calories. Adding that to your diet and drinking it right before bed might just be that extra push to keep that fat permanent!

Hope I could help, and good luck with your gaining! smiley
8 years

Studies have show that the longer you stay fat, your body will permanently adjust it's equilibrium weight to the higher one. Just keep trying to stay big and eventually you won't have to anymore.
8 years

Rather than murder your metabolism maybe just need to build up your repertoire of fat habits?

Making sure to buy snack food when doing groceries,planning to make sure you have regular snacks all day as well as treats and dessert, before settling in at the computer or tv being sure you have food and drink handy so you can eat mindlessly, making more than you need for meals so there is always more if you aren't full enough yet maybe switching to higher fat milk, saying yes when fast food places try to upsell you,pre and post eating if you are dining with friends and family ...

As dieters know, willpower will only take you so far. You need habits that will take you to your goal without the need for willpower or focus.

Good luck, and happy gaining smiley
8 years

All of the above information is dead on and exactly what I have read before and or experienced myself.

Age definitely plays a big role with weight and metabolism....that said it happens at different times for different people. Also genetics is another big one as was mentioned.

I can tell you from my personal experience that after I have gained and intentionally gained in the past three years or so....by getting to my all time highest weight I have certainly changed my set point of where my weight stays. I used to not get below 210 Lbs. with normal eating but now I can't get below 250 Lbs. only slightly down from a high of 260 Lbs. So I figure the next time I gain and my appetite really increases I could possibly hit 280 Lbs. or more. I guess what I am saying is I have naturally just kept holding on to more weight each time I have gained a bunch. I think that you are probably like myself and most here....in that when you are trying to gain and gaining you want more Lbs. and faster and want to maintain it better if you slightly decrease your eating at times. I think it is just a roller coaster effect and over time you will keep getting bigger and bigger and maintaining more weight each time.
7 years

I think age and lifestyle were what got me from 150 to 200 or so. Just changes in my activity (desk job, stopped exercising regularly) and the general slowing of my metabolism as I went through my 30s.

The biggest change that I imposed on myself was stretching my stomach, creating more capacity before I would feel full. For a month my feeder really pushed my limits, really stuffed me beyond what I ever could have or would have attempted on my own. After that process, I was just naturally consuming more, eating more throughout the day, and storing more calories as fat.

Best of luck to you on this amazing journey!
7 years

chubby nate....good job starting this thread up for her again.

This got me thinking after reading.....someone else mentioned stuffing. When I think back stuffing was for several weeks was what got me to the point that my appetite grew so much that I wasn't actually thinking about consuming more food or calories......I almost needed that much food at every meal. I ended up becoming a little different than several people here after my appetite increased so much.....at first I would get really excited about my next meal and be hungry for it......then as more time went by I was easily eating 3 times as much as I used to at each meal along with some sweet desert or snack directly following but then when it was time for my next meal.....I wasn't really craving or starving but as soon as I started eating I just kept eating and not really getting full. It was like I didn't have the same interest in the food and my taste buds were not totally excited but I just kept eating and filling my huge gut. Obviously there were times where I still was hungry and desired for tasty food but like I said many times once I started eating even though my brain didn't trigger hunger I couldn't stop eating. I think the stuffing and liquid calories really changed the capacity of my stomach in a huge way.

So, ultimately I say try stuffing and when you are stuffed to maximum capacity.....start drinking multiple fattening milkshakes...then glasses of milk.....then water. Eventually you will stretch you stomach out so much that you will need to fill yourself with so much food, calories & liquid calories to even feel full after a while that you will get very big and Fat really fast. I seriously got to a point when I tried to cut back on my food intake and fattening food that it was so difficult. Also at this stage you are now thinking like, eating like & feeling like such a Fat person that it will take a lot of will power and sacrifices to make any changes.......Happy fattening to you and your husband.

I would love to hear how you used to hate fat or any weight gain and now fat and gaining turns you on so much? I am so interested to know because I dream of my wife being programmed and changing into this feeling and thinking.
7 years