Gaining

Numbers vs visible fat

Numbers are just a poor proxy for visible gain.
8 years

Numbers vs visible fat

I have always liked both! Early and still today I have always been interested and excited seeing someone weigh themselves or know someones weight. With that said.... what someone weighs can be really deceiving based on appearance.

I have always felt that I always weigh a lot more on the scale compared to how I look. Maybe I am still in my "skinny guy" mindset. My wife on the other hand always look's heavier to me than she actually weigh's on the scale....and for both instances I think most people would totally agree with this. I have even compared my wife to pictures of other women who are of same height and build where my wife look's much heavier, shaplier and fatter but weighs a good 10-20 Lbs less. I love that she look's so soft, sexy and Fat but when I find out what she weigh's (which rarely happens) after she has gained is always a shocker and kind of a let down....I guess it's the old scale weight mentality that is so intriguing. I guess al in all I would rather have my wife look way fatter than she she actually weighs anyway.
8 years

Numbers vs visible fat

I know it's silly but when I'm gaining, I get obsessed with the number on the scale. I weigh in multiple times throughout the day usually right after a stuffing or leading up to one and I think it's a pretty good indicator of how gluttonous I'm feeling. If the number is up, then I feel bigger and vice versa. Add that to the fact that I gain relatively quickly and watching the numbers roll higher and higher becomes intoxicating.
8 years

Numbers vs visible fat

MissPorker:
I know it's silly but when I'm gaining, I get obsessed with the number on the scale. I weigh in multiple times throughout the day usually right after a stuffing or leading up to one and I think it's a pretty good indicator of how gluttonous I'm feeling. If the number is up, then I feel bigger and vice versa. Add that to the fact that I gain relatively quickly and watching the numbers roll higher and higher becomes intoxicating.

Yes ....this also!
8 years

Numbers vs visible fat

A nice thread here. I have to say it is my girth that is my real turn on. I gained fifteen pounds this past summer and it was my belly getting to forty-six inches that was most enjoyable.
8 years
attachment

Numbers vs visible fat

pdt:
Numbers are important to me because they show that I'm gaining steadily, but also at 300 lbs I am way less fat than I was led to believe I'd be by the media! I feel kinda cheated, I can still see my feet and squeeze into an airplane seat lol.

You know what they say when you are a member of FF....300 Lbs. is the new 200 Lbs.

I definitely hear you....I don't even view myself as that big at all. That is until I weigh myself at the gym after a few moments after another guy I saw get off the slide scale from across the Gym...as I step on I see he left the slides and just stepped off showing his weight of 174 Lbs. and I move the slides to measure my weight and it shows 253 Lbs. and I could have sworn we looked the same size. Ha Ha ha
8 years

Numbers vs visible fat

to me, fatness is much more important than numbers on a scale. I want to be rounder, softer, bigger. I want to see buttons pop and seams burst. Stuff like that.
8 years

Numbers vs visible fat

Yeah, I guess the good thing about numbers is if you're heavier or your measurements have increased, you KNOW you're fatter. Visually apparent gains can be thrown off by camera angle, context, what pose you're using, and what you're wearing.
8 years

Numbers vs visible fat

I recommend any gainer to buy a cloth tape measure. You can find them at any drug store or even in the grocery store in the obscure section where they sell shoelaces and such.

Forget the scale. Measure yourself, and be consistent about it. Measure your belly, chest, neck, upper arm, hip, and thigh. I guarantee it will give you a more accurate estimation of your body's transformation.
7 years