Fat experiences

Partner pregnancy weight gain

My wife is pregnant and I am wondering in anybody on here has gained weight along side their significant other. How much weight did you gain?
8 years

Oddly enough I didn't...it wasn't until years later!

I do know a lot of husbands that gained as much or more than their wive's while they were pregnant. It always seem's like the skinnier women like their men Fat with big bellies.

Not related to your post but after my wive's third pregnancy her appetite was so ravenous she ended up gaining more weight 1 year after delivery which was extremely sexy to me......I heard this is very rare but it was so damn sexy to me.
7 years

I hope the weight sticks because she is already lazy and won't lose it. And I will get fatter and we can be the fat couple!
7 years

Most women gain a little in pregnancy, but most don't keep a lot of it. Some gain more if they are home for long with baby/toddler. Some gain more with second or later pregnancies. Often the fatter going in, the less the gain, from what I understand.

In short: congratulations, you two are going to have a baby! Get ready for your life to get totally changed around. And try to enjoy the changes, BUT don't count on any particular change.

And good luck smiley
7 years

I think that a lot of women do gain, but are terrified of the baby gain and want to lose it as fast as possible afterwards, due to societal pressure and the perception that getting fatter after a baby is not attractive.
I think the contrary is true: Gaining a little or a lot due to a baby and then keeping the weight, settling into the new role is very sexy and natural. Fat for me often stands for sex and sex leads to pregnancy and pregnancy is life, so fat is life, it is a life insurance for the bad times. It made a mother and her baby survive really bad times. This is from a long time ago, but we are still wired that way. Some of us can feel this and feel how sexy and attractive fat is and that is for both partners, because of course the same applied to the guy.
7 years

The best pregnancy weight happens after she finishes breast feeding and continues to eat. The weight seems to pile on quickly until they notice. It's surprising how many calories a woman has to consume to be able to breast feed. Just something else for you to look forward too.
7 years