Lifestyle tips

Microbiology and weight gain - mostly for females

Excellent. Keeping your cravings going by switching to different types of food each week is good. How do you know that these false oestrogens in products are a real thing and not some nonsense made up by the organic food people? Is this something you have been able to prove for yourself?
7 years

Organic food is not pesticide-free. Organic farmers most definitely do use pesticides, and plants naturally produce their own. 99.9% of your pesticide consumption is what the plants produce themselves. Organic is a marketing gimmick, period. The rules to qualify for the organic label certification are quite arbitrary, with zero scientific basis.

There is no such thing as hormone-free animal products. All animals naturally produce hormones. You can buy things produced without additional hormones being added, but the difference is so minuscule that it doesn't matter.
7 years

First, I'm not an MD nor am I employed by any part of the US health industry -- and note that I stated "industry" and not "system."
Ahem! Anywho, I'd like to caution against using broad declamatory strokes in painting MDs as unhelpful or dangerous to our individual or collective health. I have found that many very good docs too many of whom are laboring under industrial conditions within corporate-controlled healthcare. And before anyone starts in on "government-controlled" healthcare I can state from personal experience that it is no worse - in many ways better - and certainly less expensive.
7 years

Interesting back-and-forth here. All I know is that each of my lady loves in life, including my current and hopefully my last, haven't grown up eating fried chicken and hog lard or been lazy. They've simply been genetically predisposed to being heavy.
7 years

Badhansel:
First, I'm not an MD nor am I employed by any part of the US health industry -- and note that I stated "industry" and not "system."
Ahem! Anywho, I'd like to caution against using broad declamatory strokes in painting MDs as unhelpful or dangerous to our individual or collective health. I have found that many very good docs too many of whom are laboring under industrial conditions within corporate-controlled healthcare. And before anyone starts in on "government-controlled" healthcare I can state from personal experience that it is no worse - in many ways better - and certainly less expensive.

marzopolis:
You are very fortunate to have found good doctors. That hasn't been the case in the ones whom dealt with the super-obese women in my life. All I did was educate myself, go with them to their MDs, ask intellegent questions and they couldn't (or wouldn't) provide answers. I found that common sense in modern medicine seldom exists, and none of those arrogant sons of bitches would give ANY credibilty to what the female patients were saying in terms of self- observation and diagnosis; which ultimately turned out to be correct.

Several weeks later, they received notices that they were no longer acceptable as patients of the "good doctors".

I certainly hear you brother. I've met with more bad ones than good to be sure and I'm afraid that the current corporatization of medical care bodes even more ill - in every way possible. Wish you well in finding sensible MDs and care.
7 years