Fat experiences

First pubic fat shaming :(

Unfortunately, my first public shaming was at my class reunion. I figured if I can come out as a fat guy there, I could pretty much handle being fat anywhere.

Little did I know, I wasn't the only fat guy there. Even some of the most popular classmates were as fat as I was. What a conversation piece we all were when we talk about how we all got fat and secretly lovin' it,.
7 years

Very interesting and thought provoking concepts. I can totally agree with what you're saying. I never looked at it that way before. Thank you for that perspective.
7 years

Big hugs!
7 years

At a cousin's birthday party, when I was about 5, I asked for a piece of cake with a "flower" on it to get extra frosting. My father told my aunt that I was fat and said, "You should see her belly." I was not fat at the time. My father always tried to drag me down and destroy my self-esteem. He did the same thing to my mom. He was a bast.ard and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm glad he's dead. It's a relief not having to deal with fat shaming from him, of myself, my mom and her family members, and my BHMs. I have high self-esteem despite his best efforts, and I love holding my head high and dressing like a size 16 Carrie Bradshaw and knowing that there's not a damn thING he can do about it.
7 years

Farleysmom:
At a cousin's birthday party, when I was about 5, I asked for a piece of cake with a "flower" on it to get extra frosting. My father told my aunt that I was fat and said, "You should see her belly." I was not fat at the time. My father always tried to drag me down and destroy my self-esteem. He did the same thing to my mom. He was a bast.ard and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm glad he's dead. It's a relief not having to deal with fat shaming from him, of myself, my mom and her family members, and my BHMs. I have high self-esteem despite his best efforts, and I love holding my head high and dressing like a size 16 Carrie Bradshaw and knowing that there's not a damn thING he can do about it.

Good for you!!
7 years

I received my first public fat shaming earlier this year... AT MY FATHER'S FUNERAL. Apparently an acquaintance of my father felt that was an appropriate time and place to confront me, very loudly, about my weight gain. I brushed it off as best I could, but it was crazily insensitive and very hurtful.
I don't know if this guy had some vendetta against my dad that just spilled over to me, or what was going through his mind--if anything. Maybe he just never got the memo that funerals are not the most appropriate place to harass and insult the family members of the deceased..?
7 years

This guy is an ass! I can't believe he behaved that way at a funeral!
7 years
12   loading