Gaining

Regaining weight

When you gain weight, you add new fat cells. When you lose weight, you keep the fat cells--they just lose fat.

When you regain all those fat cells sop up those extra calories like a sponge and get fat again.
7 years

Regaining weight

My highest weight was 235-lbs. Then, I participated in a weight-loss challenge and lost ten pounds. Once the challenge was over, I regained some of the weight back.
7 years

Regaining weight

I have gained and lost and regained 30-50 lbs multiple times and each time the gain is faster and easier. Each regain usually puts me higher than my previous high smiley The other thing I noticed is that I keep the flab more even when I get back to an old weight when I didnt have much. I guess I have permanently grown hungry fat cells that will keep me fat forever now.
7 years

Regaining weight

I started gaining intentionally at about 190 pounds last July and went up and down the scale before stopping at 305 in November. I got freaked out by the holidays and having to deal with family so I started dieting and got down to about 250 by early February which was also about the time I rejoined this site. All the belly envy led to a lazy weekend with some takeout...one binge turned into another which turned into a week long binge because I was fascinated by how quickly I was putting the weight back on. By the end of that week (I documented it on here through pics and gainers), I had gained about 24 pounds going from 253 all the way back up to 277. Since then, I haven't really been motivated to lose so the weight just kept piling on culminating in me weighing in at 342.6 yesterday morning. So, yes, regains can get pretty intense lol
7 years

Regaining weight

MissPorker:
So, yes, regains can get pretty intense lol

24 pounds in a week! That DOES sound intense!

MassiveMyke (see thegaininglife.tumblr.com/) gained something like 30 pounds in a week after losing 200 pounds. He said it was the greatest week of his life!

Did you enjoy it THAT much?
7 years

Regaining weight

I was pretty burnt out by the end of the week...I was stuffing insane amounts of food throughout the day but I did enjoy seeing the numbers on the scale go up and up and up.
7 years

Regaining weight

BlimpCityF:
Wow you're just skyrocketing, I remember when you were just 325lbs.

I remember when you were just 315
7 years