General

Doctors?

I'm suddenly wondering... I have a friend who is trans, so I know that they have networks that allow for collaboration on what doctors and hospitals and other services will treat them with respect and such. I wonder if there might be or might eventually be something like that for heavier or gaining people? Maybe use the distance function on here and ask people directly, or post in these forums specifically about your area and doctors in case anyone knows any good ones to that end?
7 years

Doctors?

What are your experiences with health care? In France, there is only one health care (from the State). I know that in Germany, State health care can force somebody who drink too much alcohol (and becomes money because he can't work for example due to depression) to go to a long cure against alcoholism, and if he refuses, he doesn't get money anymore (I know somebody in this case who allowed his doctor to inform his health care that he had a problem with alcohol). I don't know what the French health care would do it knew that somebody is a gainer.

In the USA, health cares are private. I can imagine that being a gainer is a no go for health care companies. Maybe you can definitively lose the possibility to insure yourself? What happen in the USA, and in other countries?

Or maybe one can be sent to psychiatry?

In order to get a good treatment, the doctor should know that somebody is a gainer. But how dangerous is it?
7 years

Doctors?

feedeeleah:
My�gynecologist�is the only doctor that�has been�supportive of my intentional weight gain. When I saw her after I had been gaining for a while, I was 175 lbs, which is 45�pounds�heavier than I was at my�last examination the previous year. When she inquired�about my recent weight gain, I told her that I gained on purpose because I wanted to be more curvy. She was�very curious, and asked me a lot of questions about�my weight
gain�journey:

"What was it like to go from thin to fat?" "Did you outgrow all of your clothes?" "What areas grew the most?"�Despite her being open minded about my gaining intentionally, she did not encourage me to continue gaining. When I was getting ready to leave she�said, "It's great that you want to be more curvy, but I think�175 lbs is a good place to stop,�don't you agree?"

My primary care physicians have not been as supportive as my OB/GYN. My first doctor was so fat phobic, she told me to go on a diet when I was only 140 lbs�(I am 5'6", and 140 lbs is not even remotely overweight for my height).�She actually had the nerve to tell me to stop eating so many carbohydrates. After that visit, I�cancelled all future�appointments and decided to find a different�doctor.

I was 35 pounds�heavier by the time I found a new doctor.�Fortunately, she�was unable to obtain my previous medical records so she had no idea I used to be thin. After getting my current�weight, she said that I was overweight and advised me to lose weight and exercise. I blamed my weight on having a sedentary job and being a "hearty eater".�I wasn't brave enough to tell her that I actually love my growing curves and have no intention of losing weight, so I just pretended to be agreeable and compliant. Much to her dismay, when I went for a follow-up appointment a month later, I�had gained an additional 10 lbs.

I've�considered�switching doctors again, because my current physician�is inevitably going to ask me if I've been implementing her advice to lose weight and exercise. But I highly doubt that any doctor, no matter how "fat friendly" they are,�would support my desire to gain another 500+ lbs! lol

lol thanks for sharing.
6 years

Doctors?

I stopped gong to the doctor as well. I got tired of being lectured and questioned every time
4 years