Story authors

Clarification regarding underage rules

So, at the moment, the rules regarding underage characters in stories is as follows:

"ALL characters involved in any type of weight gain, feeding, being fed or sexual situations MUST be at least 18 years of age the same as membership to this site."

Does this mean that it's okay to write about underage characters as long as they're not explicitly feeding, being fed or in a sexual situation? I'm asking because I'm planning to do a scene involving either kids or teens in my story "Life in Corporalia" and I don't want to accidentally run afoul of the rules.
7 years

Clarification regarding underage rules

Not that I'm a rule maker here, but as written, I'd arrive at the same conclusion you have. I'm pretty sure I've read stories where a now adult character remembers back to his first crush in the 5th grade or meeting someone at a high school dance, or a school courtship is where two main characters met and now they are adults.... All kinds of situations where under 18 characters are present but not participating specifically in the aforementioned activities. Seems like one should even be able to write a story with an under 18 main character as long as those specific situations are not part of the story, even though in real life, they certainly would or could be.

They say "Art imitates Life" but apparently it's not allowed to do so in same cases. LOL

The other alternative is to write it the way you want, submit it to the admins here. If it's not acceptable, either modify or post it somewhere else.

One trick(?) I've seen authors do is never specifically give an age or something that identifies an age. "School" could mean high school to one and college to another. The reader decides their age.

Good luck with that. I'd be happy to read it and see what you came up. :-)
7 years