Lifestyle tips

Help me with a theory...

Okay, I'm a firm believer that men are naturally attracted to "larger" women (larger by today's standards). History proves this to be true. Historically, voluptuous women have been the object of great desire & affection. A woman having the means & overeat, indulge, & grow shapely has been captured in early works of art. But, today's society puts it's evil pressures on women to be extremely thin. Thus shaming "men" (term used loosely) into desiring such sad creatures. Ladies, help me here: Is this a reciprocal trend for you when looking at men? Is a man with extra weight considered desirable, successful, or generally more fun?
7 years

Help me with a theory...

I don't think you can generalize. Some people like larger women, some don't.
7 years

Help me with a theory...

johnxyz:
I don't think you can generalize. Some people like larger women, some don't.

Agreed. Also, I wouldn't say liking larger women back in history was a biological thing, rather more of a cultural/survival thing. Sure, when food was scarce to come by and not everyone could have it, most people found being overweight to be attractive. It probably meant they lived a stable, successful live back then.

Nowadays, most people (at least in America) have access to fatty foods and can overindulge. I'd say whenever that availability blossomed is when liking fat turned from "survival" into more "cultural trends." You can't really generalize cultural trends however, as Johnxyz said, as everyone has different ideals and the trend is constantly changing. I believe this might be why people view liking fat as a fetish, as it's against cultural trends.

For example: Back in the 1950's era, there were magazines chastising women for being too skinny. As our cultural trends have changed, so has that ideal.

Overall, it makes it hard to generalize based on history, as history can be based on cultural trends, which are constantly changing.

Hopefully this makes sense, I might have started rambling at some points lol.
7 years