Lifestyle tips

Dealing with fat shamers while eating

We've all been there -- you're in a restaurant or a mall food court, enjoying a burger or a doughnut, when some *** decides to publicly berate you for it. If that ever happens to you, here's what you should do.

Look them in the eyes, making sure you have their attention. Then, very slowly and deliberately, take a bite from your food and chew it. Maintain eye contact with them the whole time. Repeat as needed until they get the message -- you don't give a toss what they spew your way.
7 years

Fat shamers secretly hate their own bodies and are projecting their insecurity onto another person. I read that somewhere, and my shrink says that it's true. She wrote her thesis on body image.
7 years

When I fill my 32 ounce cup with Classic Coke at a fast food restaurant, I feel like I am challenging people. I expect negative comments. It's never happened. Once, I filled my cup with Coke Zero, and an asshole asked me if I was diabetic. I told him I'm not, and he didn't believe me. That piece of shit needs to get on his knees and thank the Lord Jesus Christ that I did not knock his teeth out.
7 years

Farleysmom:
Fat shamers secretly hate their own bodies and are projecting their insecurity onto another person. I read that somewhere, and my shrink says that it's true. She wrote her thesis on body image.

BigCanadianBabe:
That wouldn't surprise me at all actually. They may also be jealous and envious because we have the freedom to eat the foods we love without guilt or remorse.
i agree with u 100%
7 years

I know of one SSBBW who had her ice cream cone taken from her and thrown on the ground by a stranger telling her she did not need it.
7 years

johnxyz:
I know of one SSBBW who had her ice cream cone taken from her and thrown on the ground by a stranger telling her she did not need it.

PillowPrincessPlump91:
That has happened to me. Especially when I was in High School. People would flip my tray onto the ground, laugh, and say "Oops... You didn't need it anyways" then walk away with their group of friends laughing.
Those ***es! Hugs!
7 years

Just an Illusion:
If ever I hear anyone saying anything derogatory about my partner, I always ask in a loud voice, to that person, "if they had farted" then continue with "as I heard something coming out of an arse".
Love it!!!!! I would go as far as to summon the waiter to express a concern in which you suspect that the person accross from your table has perhaps pooped their pants and that the stench is making you and your family nauseous. Explain that you have heard slight punctuations of what you interpret to be flatulence.
7 years