General

Sad news

We had our disagreements, but this news saddens me, a huge thanks for the work she put in over the years, RIP Ruby.
7 years

Sad news

Thanks for letting us know about this sad news, I'm sure she will be missed by a great many people.

She was a dedicated moderator on this website for several years and did much to help build up this community that we all enjoy. May she rest in peace.
7 years

Sad news

That's so sad to hear, she was one of the first people I talked to upon discovering this site and really helped me find my place here, not to mention she was a great help during my own stint as a mod.

May her soul rest in peace.
7 years

Sad news

This is sad to hear. May she rest in peace.
7 years

Sad news

So sad, she was a very kind and beautiful person.
7 years

Sad news

I'm trying to remember - she was very big I believe and only maybe in her 40's or 50's. Am I talking about the same person? She was friends with Rhonda a/k/a soverysoft?
7 years

Sad news

Sad news indeed. Ruby was tremendous fun and for years singlehandedly kept the chat room lively by welcoming newcomers and introducing topics for discussion, running or organising the quiz, and doing an awful lot behind the scenes for the site. She was opinionated and forthright, didn't suffer fools gladly and was a refreshingly vibrant presence. I was surprised when she died to find out she was only in her early 50s, as not only is that far too young to lose her, but she had such an air of authority and confidence that I had always assumed she was a venerable older lady - she certainly had cojones! Her heart was definitely in the right place and I for one found her flipping hilarious. I regret I never got to meet her in person, I think we would have got on. I won't say anything too cheesy as she'll just be laughing her socks off, wherever she is.
7 years

Sad news

Absolutely gutted to hear this. I knew her for a number of years but hadn't spoken to her for a couple of years. I think life just got in the way.

I didn't even know she was ill. She always spoke of her son. I wish I could send him my love. She was actually the only person to give me a wedding gift which I always thought was so sweet.
7 years

Sad news

Quite a sad loss. Rest in peace.
7 years

Sad news

Such a loss for the community, she had such a strong character and was so generous with her time and wisdom.

My condolences to her friends and family.
7 years
12   loading