General

Sad news

Hate news like this. I used to message her. She spotted fake profiles better than Anyone. And she was very beautiful as well.
7 years

Sad news

I remember that name. That is very sad.
7 years

Sad news

foxglove:
Sad news indeed. Ruby was tremendous fun and for years singlehandedly kept the chat room lively by welcoming newcomers and introducing topics for discussion, running or organising the quiz, and doing an awful lot behind the scenes for the site. She was opinionated and forthright, didn't suffer fools gladly and was a refreshingly vibrant presence. I was surprised when she died to find out she was only in her early 50s, as not only is that far too young to lose her, but she had such an air of authority and confidence that I had always assumed she was a venerable older lady - she certainly had cojones! Her heart was definitely in the right place and I for one found her flipping hilarious. I regret I never got to meet her in person, I think we would have got on. I won't say anything too cheesy as she'll just be laughing her socks off, wherever she is.
Lovely post Foxglove!

Katy was kind enough to send me a housewarming gift not more than 6 months ago, so to hear of this news came as a great shock to me.

Whilst we didn't speak as regularly as we did back when we both moderated for FF, we still used to catch up over skype once every couple of months and we'd chat about all sorts of things for hours!

I had been hoping to meet Katy at some point, we had always got on well and she was almost like a second mum to me! I know we would have had a great laugh together.

I will miss her and hope that her son who she adored is OK smiley
7 years

Sad news

Oh then fare well into a better world ruby.....
6 years

Sad news

Catching up on things I've missed while gone & this truly knocks me for a loop.Ruby was 1 of the 1st people I got close to on here.She was also the 1 who indocrinated me to be a Mod.This hits me deeply.Fairwell dear friend you will always be in my heart & in the hearts of all those who knew you!
5 years

Sad news

Lord!!This is sad news indeed..i am so sad to hear this,i am baffled and demoralized too..i used to speak to her in dimensionsand here too,she had a warm spirit and soul,she was indeed very friendly to me..we had always a good time when we chatted,i cracked upwith laughter at her antics and jokes..we used to speak a lot,and she told me many things about scotland,i even asked if she could be my guide if i was to visit scotland,, i asked if we could go to the Loch Ness tofish and maybe see the "monster of the Loch Ness"; and go to the Highlans and have a nice glass of whiskey, and she said: "Aye, with pleasure i will bring ye a nice glass of scotch fer you, my dear wolfie"..Ah the wolf will miss a lot the lovely HighLander Lass aka Ruby aka Katy..Requiescat in Pax Per Secula Seculorum, Amen (Rest in Peace, for the Centuries of the Centuries, Amen in old Latin) The Wolf will always miss his High Lander Lass, and in the full moon nights of the tropics, i will always see her pleasant round face and bright smile for ever.
5 years
12   loading