forum  general

being called hun or sweetey2 years

It is not a put down its is an endearment !

Those terms are used more in certain areas. In Baltimore MD, they are used a lot. I noticed here in Southern NJ, they are used in Gloucester County, but not the other ones.

The entire south

Don't mind sweetie, Hun is ok but for some reason dear bothers me and being called babe by someone younger than me by many teRa really gets me pissed off. That's just me.

I lived in Houston tx for a long time, I say sugar , hun, sweets... people shouldn't assume they are special because of it haha.

All I can say is if it's offensive, stay out of any southern restaurant in the states.

ObviousLurker:
All I can say is if it's offensive, stay out of any southern restaurant in the states.
amen

If anything is offensive then it is for the offended to move-on and deal with it. Sticks and stones...

It so creepy when someone calls me that (unless they know me well)! Like, if a stranger on the internet calls me one of those things, then I see that as a major red flag.

subpig:
If anything is offensive then it is for the offended to move-on and deal with it. Sticks and stones...

Lol that's just called being an asshole